The Google Cloud team helps companies, schools, and government seamlessly make the switch to Google products and supports them along the way. You swiftly problem-solve technical issues for customers to show how our products can make businesses more productive, collaborative, and innovative. You work closely with a cross-functional team of web developers and systems administrators, not to mention a variety of both regional and international customers. Your relationships with customers are crucial in helping Google grow its Google Cloud business and in bringing our product portfolio into companies around the world.
The Advanced Solutions Lab (ASL) for Machine Learning (ML) provides customers with the opportunity to work side by side with Google’s machine learning experts in an immersive experience that enables companies to tackle their highest impact business challenges. Participants will be trained on machine learning concepts and engineering techniques similar to what we provide our own Google engineering teams. Participants also have the opportunity to work on short projects that are relevant to their industry or business application.
The Advanced Solutions Lab is run out of Google Cloud’s Professional Services Organization (PSO). The mission of PSO is to ensure that our customers and partners get the most out of the Google Cloud offering, whether that be GCP, GSuite, Maps, Chrome or a combination of these products.
As an Machine Learning Solutions Engineer, you will be focused on delivering and, at times creating, cutting-edge ML training to the ASL participants. You will be working side by side with our customers as they try to see how they can apply ML to their businesses. The number of participants at the Advanced Solutions Lab is small and you will be helping them understand how they can apply their learnings from the program to their specific business use cases. You will be the owner of the ‘day to day’ experience of the Advanced Solutions Lab. Therefore you will always be working to see how you can make the offering better, be that by making recommendations to the curriculum team about curriculum enhancements, identifying Google ML experts who should be brought in to support various sessions in the program or making recommendations on pre-packaged ML models or projects that should be added.
Outside of the Advanced Solution Lab experience you will also be part of the wider PSO and Google Cloud ML group of experts and consultants and will also have the opportunity to work on client facing projects to help customers more generally benefit from Google Cloud Machine Learning solutions. Some of these customers may have already attended the Advanced Solutions Lab and will be looking to develop their solutions further; others may just be starting on their ML journey and you will be helping them discover the possibilities of what they can do. These activities may occur at client sites.
Google Cloud helps millions of employees and organizations empower their employees, serve their customers, and build what’s next for their business — all with technology built in the cloud. Our products are engineered for security, reliability and scalability, running the full stack from infrastructure to applications to devices and hardware. And our teams are dedicated to helping our customers — developers, small and large businesses, educational institutions and government agencies — see the benefits of our technology come to life.
- Manage the success of each ML Advanced Solutions Lab experience by delivering superb training, identifying ML experts from across Google to support specific sessions and providing ongoing feedback to the curriculum team.
- Maintain a knowledge of key developments in ML and network across the Google Cloud ML research community so that you can provide ASL participants with up to date knowledge as well as unique opportunities to have highly interactive engagements with other Google ML experts.
- Support the Google Cloud Professional Services Machine Learning practice in the delivery of client facing service packages.
- Act as a ML subject matter expert within the Google Cloud Professional Services team and support other ML activities as they arise.
- Take on and deliver new training courses.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience with databases and design of schemas/tables as well as experience with data processing technologies: Hadoop, Spark, fluentd, Storm, Splunk, New Relic etc.
- Experience building ML models for different use cases: tabular data, images, video, speech, unstructured text, etc. Software engineering experience building production ML models with one or more of the following: TensorFlow, MXNET, Spark ML, Scikit Learn, etc.
- Experience conducting technical training and/or experience in client-facing technical consulting/educating type role for similar period of time.
- Master's or PhD in Computer Science, Mathematics or other quantitative field.
- Experience managing new materials and successfully delivering them to clients/students.
- Experience working in a fast-moving technology area, while being comfortable working in a dynamic and sometimes ambiguous environment.
- Proficiency in one or more SQL database technologies such as PostgreSQL, MySQL, Oracle, MS SQL, etc.
- A passion for learning and continued self-development.