AMD is in the process of deploying Machine Learning pervasively for all their internal workflows. The Advanced Analytics and Machine Learning team is an internal AMD team chartered to drive the Machine Learning (ML) deployment across AMD globally. We are in need a strong engineering player to deliver the Data Science and Machine Learning (ML) solutions to end-customers within AMD's large Design and Engineering teams that are involved in VLSI, SW, Manufacturing spaces.
The person will work closely with other Central teams for IT/Infra, Electronic Design Automation (EDA) vendor and inhouse tools. For Commercial applications the person is expected to work with SAP or SalesForce for Sales/Mktg/Operations to design and deliver the ML predictions. The person will become the expert in one or more for ML modeling, consulting and trouble shooting within the Company while working with SW or Engg Architects to craft long term solutions.
IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- Coding/scripting experience in a product setting or a large SW system written in modern languages
- In-depth knowledge of software development lifecycle, Quality, SW practices including debug, test, version control, documentation, and bug tracking
- Data Modeling and Database formats and schemas
- Familiarity with Machine-Learning foundations (Frameworks, Datasets, Models and Model management)
- Familiarity with Supervised Learning, Model evaluation metrics, and cross-validation
- Familiarity and use of different ML/DL/RL algorithms, deep neural network machine learning technologies and modern machine learning programming frameworks
- Build ML solutions that require minimal maintenance overhead. Automating where possible and driving process owners to provide necessary inputs.
- Elaborate and build upon established dashboard, data nomenclature, and modeling standards to enable a more cohesive delivery mechanism for analysis across the entire organization. Work closely with other Central teams.
- Time Series and Forecasting analysis in any discipline
- Exposure to VLSI Design practices and SW/Driver releases and Games
- Knowledge of Natural Language Processing techniques
- LANGUAGES AND CODING
- Hands-on experience with modern programming languages (Python, C/C++, Perl, Scala, Java, Unix)
- Hands-on experience with one or more major machine learning framework (TensorFlow, PyTorch, Scikit, Spark-ML etc)
- Hands-on experience with Data Mining Tools such as Knime, Alteryx, PowerBI, Pandas, etc.
- Knowledge of Perforce, github, bitbucket, and other DevOps tool chain
- Knowledge/use of : SQL, DAX, JSON, Parquet
- Knowledge/use of common APIs : REST, Flask, etc
- Modeling: MS Tabular, others
- SOFT SKILLS
- Ability to work independently, define project goals and scope, and lead your own development effort
- Proven interpersonal skill, technical leadership and collaborative teamwork required ; strong in Analytical skills.
- Must demonstrate excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to manage complex problems involving multi-disciplined, cross-functional teams.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work well with geographically dispersed teams in APAC and NA.
- Eager to share information and knowledge with other team members and level up the team.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's, Masters, or PhD or equivalent experience in Computer Science, EE/Computer Engineering or any related physical field.
- Specialization in Maths, Statistics and Optimization based solutions.
- Understanding of Cloud technologies of IaaS, PaaS and other subscription based services.
- Knowledge of Parallel-Computing, GPUs, and High-Performance-Computing. GPU acceleration (OpenCL, CUDA, etc)
- Ability to understand and document customer machine learning needs and propose solutions.
- Collaborate with Business Partners as well as Data Architects to deliver an accurate and understandable self-service data model.
- Experience working with and developing virtualization containers and package managers for code deployment and or distributed computing using Docker, Singularity etc.
- As a senior member of the team, you will also be responsible for code reviews, creating unit tests, authoring detailed documentation related to your work, and working with on-site and off-shore teams to deliver the software solutions on schedule.
- As a senior member in the team, you will be required to play a key role in all phases of the software development including system requirements analysis, coordinating feature design and development across functional and organization boundaries.
- Evangelize AMD machine learning solutions through presentations to customers, partners and the community seminars.