- We live in the era of data breaches and account takeovers (Equifax, Twitter, etc...). The stakes are high, but so are the rewards for the innovators who can defend consumers and enterprises against the consequences of these attacks.
- UnifyID has the bold vision to replace today’s vulnerable and cumbersome security techniques (passwords, one-time passcodes, etc), with passive, behavior-based authentication.
- UnifyID has created the next generation of user authentication that combines behavioral biometrics from smartphones, machine learning modeling, and enterprise grade cloud services. The result is a highly accurate, frictionless, and secure authentication service that defends against malicious scale attacks on mobile and web experiences.
- We are a talented team of security, machine learning, mobile, and enterprise SaaS experts; backed by leading investors such as NEA, Andreessen Horowitz and Stanford-StartX. Our innovations have won numerous awards from TechCrunch, RSA, Gartner and SXSW.
About the role
- We are looking for a seasoned software engineer to join our A+ technical team in designing, building and deploying machine learning solutions into production.
- UnifyID is building a platform to solve one the world’s biggest unsolved security problems in a completely novel way, requiring us to push the boundaries of what’s possible in production machine learning and on mobile devices. Our data analytics platform can translate mobile sensor data from real-world human activity into a “digital fingerprint” with no conscious action from the user, all in real-time, and in a way that respects user privacy. This is an opportunity to be a part of something truly unique and game-changing.
- We are looking for natural-born builders who are comfortable in multiple technical areas, have creative problem-solving skills, a love for coding and technology and a “get stuff done” attitude.
- Be an early member of a high-performing team of software engineers and machine learning researchers building a new human identity platform
- Take ownership, be creative, and think outside the box to invent and build solutions to real-world customer problems
- Interface with our world-class machine learning research team to help turn core research into reality
- Wrangle and perform experiments on petabyte-scale data sets
- Wear many hats to make things happen in a dynamic startup environment
- Bring your own unique expertise to the team and learn from others
- Enjoy tight collaboration with your teammates
Ideal candidates will have...
- Spent at least 5 years in the trenches of the software industry, delivering quality software that matters to people that care
- Many “been there, done that” stories related to shipping and maintaining major software products for customers
- Excellent coding skills in an object-oriented language (Go, Python, Rust, Java, C++, Ruby, etc...)
- Experience working with high volumes of data, ideally with machine learning playing a critical role
- Strong foundational knowledge of mathematics, bonus if related to machine learning or signals processing
- A breadth of technical skills and know how to use the right tool for the job
- High motivation and ability to learn new technologies and domains
- A positive can-do attitude and bring a passion for excellence to the workplace
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills
- Professional experience with AWS, Kubernetes a bonus
- Knowledge of cybersecurity, signals processing, or experience working with time-series data a bonus