The Data Science & AI group in Personal System Software is responsible for delivering a broad range of software capabilities, including generating actionable insights from business data, increasing operational efficiency with automation, and building breakthrough experiences for HP products and services. We are seeking Machine Learning engineer to collaborate with our software engineers and product teams to solve difficult technical problems and develop new machine learning capabilities that will impact upcoming HP products. If you have deep technical skills, are intensely curious, and like to attack the hardest and the most challenging problems, want to make a difference in the lives of others, and want to work in a highly supportive environment, then we invite you to apply to join our team.
In this highly visible role, you will:
- Work in all phases of building, deploying, and evaluating machine learning applications
- Lay the foundation for new products and services by developing new technical solutions to difficult problems.
- Work in a cross-functional team environment.
- Communicate your results internally within Personal System software.
Some of our areas of interest include:
(1) Machine Vision, including demographics analysis, people tracking, object recognition, and scene understanding
(2) Predictive Analytics, including failure prediction, time-series forecasting, anomaly detection, and root cause analysis
(3) Recommendation systems, including content customization and customer engagement improvement
(4) Natural Language Processing, including sentiment analysis, text summarization, and conversational interfaces
(5) MLOps, along with integration with software development lifecycles and continuous integration/continuous delivery
- Mines data using modern tools and programming languages.
- Defines and implements models to uncover patterns and predictions creating business value and innovation.
- Works with the business to understand the business domain perspective.
- Effectively tells stories with the data using visualization tools/methods to demonstrate insight impact and business value.
- Assures accuracy, integrity, and compliance of cleansed data.
- Maintains proficiency within the data science domain by keeping up with technology and trend shifts.
- Leads a project team of data science professionals, assuring insights are communicated regularly and effectively, reviewing designs, models, accuracy and data compliance.
- Collaborates and communicates with the project team regarding project progress and issue resolution.
- Represents the data science team for all phases of larger and more-complex development projects.
- Provides guidance, training, and mentoring to less experienced staff members.
Knowledge & Skills
- Extensive experience using statistics, mathematics, algorithms, and programming languages.
- Possess a background in linear algebra, statistics, or multivariate calculus.
- Strong understanding of classical ML techniques and time-series forecasting.
- Understands data management principles along with model evaluation and training techniques for neural networks.
- Conversant in Python and one or more programming languages such as Golang, Java, or Scala
- Enjoys working in a geographically distributed environment
- Ability to create models to pull valuable insights from data.
- Create stories and visualizations to describe and communicate data insights.
- Ability to use creativity to spot trends and tease out patterns in large datasets.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English and local language.
- Experience in one or more deep learning frameworks such as Tensorflow/Keras, or PyTorch.
- In-depth knowledge of one or more deep learning areas such as computer vision or natural language processing
- History of contributions to open source projects such as projects hosted on GitHub, SourceForge, or OSDN.
- Prior participation in data science competitions such as Kaggle, DrivenData, or CodaLab.
Scope & Impact
- Collaborates with peers, junior engineers, data scientists, and project team.
- Typically interacts with high-level Individual Contributors, Managers, and Program Teams.
- Leads a project requiring data engineering solutions development.
Education & Experience
- Master's or PhD degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Economics, Physics, or equivalent.
- Typically 4-6 years’ experience including graduate or postgraduate research