We are looking for a Machine Learning Engineer to join our Data Science Team.
Featurespace has had tremendous commercial success over the last couple of years and as a result the scale of the systems that we are being asked to deploy have grown massively. The ML Engineering team is a new team being created to help data scientists scale the offline steps required to build high performing real-time fraud detection models.
In addition to strong performance in engineering skills, the role will require an understanding of how supervised ML systems are trained and deployed, including a working familiarity with classification algorithms.
Day to Day
- Working with data scientists to develop internal tools for model iteration and data preparation
- Writing systems for making inferences on streaming, real-time data
- Developing and accelerating parallel / distributed / GPU-accelerated machine learning (ML) pipelines
- Optimizing data storage, processing and computation graphs
- Implementing and optimizing machine learning classifiers and their lifecycle
- Experience of designing and developing scalable applications in Java, Python or a similar language
- Familiarity with modern IDEs, source control, testing and code review
- Knowledge of parallel and distributed computing
- Experience with working in a Linux environment
- Experience with performance tuning and profiling
- Knowledge of database architectures and data layouts for efficient processing
- Understanding data preprocessing requirements for machine learning algorithms
- Knowledge of or previous experience with training and deploying machine learning algorithms
- Proven ability to design information rich tools in a user friendly way
- Experience with data visualization or graphing libraries
The work is often challenging and fast paced. We are looking for someone who has the following qualities:
- Attention to detail, both in your communication and your desire to deliver high-quality software
- Passion to learn new skills and technologies
- A desire to work for one of the fastest growing fraud prevention technologies in the world
And most importantly, a small-company attitude: willingness to adapt to a variable role and a great can-do attitude.
Salary & Benefits
We believe in giving you the resources you need so that innovation can thrive.
In addition to competitive salaries, we offer:
- Regular bonus scheme
- 22 days annual leave + national holidays
- Healthcare package
- Free Friday team lunches at our Cambridge, London & Atlanta offices
- Discounted gym memberships
- Fridge and cupboards packed full of edible treats
- Annual summer social and Christmas dinner
- Training and mentoring schemes
- Career growth opportunities