This position requires experience from applied machine learning in production systems, preferably on a large scale. So for this particular role, we will not be considering applications from recent graduates. We currently hiring for several teams.
What you'll do:
- Build new or take already live features of our apps and make them better utilizing ML
- Contribute to designing, building, evaluating, shipping, and refining Spotify's product by hands-on ML development
- Prototype new approaches and production solutions at scale.
- Build systems that take in multiple user signals and suggest feature optimizations for each user.
- Take on complex data-related problems using some of the most diverse datasets available
- Perform data analysis to establish baselines and inform product decisions.
- Run experiments to understand the value of your approaches
- Collaborate with a cross-functional agile team spanning design, data science, product management, and engineering.
Who you are:
- You have a strong background in machine learning, data, and backend.
- You have experience building data pipelines and are self-sufficient in getting the data you need to build and evaluate your models, using tools like Apache Beam / Scio.
- You have hands-on experience implementing production machine learning systems at scale in Java, Scala, Python, or similar languages.
- Experience with PyTorch, TensorFlow, or Google Cloud Platform is a plus.
- You care about agile software processes, data-driven development, reliability, and disciplined experimentation
- You have experience and passion for mentoring and encouraging collaborative teams.
- You love your customers even more than your code.