Veterans United is seeking a Machine Learning Engineer to utilize their deep knowledge of machine learning algorithms, computer science, and software engineering to help Data Scientists make their predictive models robust, scalable, and performant and get them into a production environment so that they can have business impact.This position will not be originating loans.
- Partner with Data Scientists to transform prototypes of predictive models into performant, well integrated systems.
- Build custom packages and tools to meet the computational needs of Data Scientists and Analysts.
- Educate Data Scientists and Analysts on best practices in Machine Learning and in the use of analytical platforms.
- Research emerging techniques and technologies in the Machine Learning industry.
- Create technical documentation and system diagrams.
- Ability to think critically, analytically and creatively.
- Ability to translate technical language into general terms.
- Excel in a results-oriented environment, specifically when faced with uncertainty and rapid change.
- Thrive in a highly cooperative work setting.
- Demonstrated expertise in Machine Learning.
- Proven ability to produce production-ready software.
- 5+ years of relevant professional experience.
- Experience with compiled languages such as C++.
- Proficiency in interpreted languages such as Python and R.
- Exposure to software R&D.
- Demonstrated experience with building and deploying performant predictive models.
- Familiarity with development best-practices (e.g. VCS, deployment environments).
- Exposure to database languages such as MSSQL.
- Experience producing production-ready systems used by others.
- Strong background in mathematics or statistics.
- Deep understanding of machine learning algorithms and predictive modeling.