We are the company behind WordPress.com, Jetpack, WooCommerce and Tumblr. We are looking for someone to join a team of data scientists and software engineers to build, deploy, and iterate on applications involving time series analysis, machine learning, natural language processing and/or search.
What have we worked on recently?
We help our users to create powerful sites with ease and enable our colleagues to support our users. Our completed and ongoing projects include
How do we work?
- We're kind to each other and our users – we strive to build a positive, supportive, and inclusive culture of cohesive teams focused on delivering value to our customers.
- We work as a global and distributed workforce resulting in a unique way of working built around our creed.
- We offer flexible work arrangements allowing our team members to work when they feel best.
- We welcome collaboration, and you can be involved in any discussion across our many communication channels.
Enough about us, let's talk more about you. The Machine Learning Engineer position might be a good fit if you:
- Have hands-on experience in building and deploying data-intensive applications to production. You care about building reliable and testable infrastructure and pipelines. Familiarity with the Hadoop ecosystem and cloud computing services like AWS and GCP will be advantageous.
- Are motivated to propose technical solutions, own software architecture, evaluate technologies and infrastructure, or develop technical roadmaps for future applications.
- Have a demonstrated interest in understanding machine learning techniques and workflows like data preprocessing, feature extraction, and training and evaluation of classification and regression models.
- Bring programming skills in multiple programming languages and paradigms. You are likely to encounter Python, PHP, Scala, and SQL in this role and the idea of using them on a regular basis should not be a blocker for you.
- Are familiar with professional software engineering methods and standards such as coding conventions, code reviews, continuous integration, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Are open and able to travel 3-4 weeks per year to meet your teammates in person. We hold an annual all-company meeting every year, and meet up with our teams for a week once or twice per year.
Like all positions at Automattic, you'll work remotely, and can be based wherever you live.