Machine Learning Data Engineer
Less than 5 years experience • Accounting, Finance & Insurance
Machine LearningData Engineer
Are you a high performing data scientist passionate about cutting edge Machine Learning research or applying the latest advances to production projects? Do you enjoy reading and investigating advancements in applied machine learning architectures and solution white papers? Would you like to participate in the creation of publishable advancements in machine learning? Or does the idea of building enterprise-class ML applications that solve real customer problems excite you? At Capital One’s Center for Machine Learning (C4ML), you'll be part of an elite team setting the example for machine learning research and applied machine learning.
As a Machine Learning Engineer in C4ML, you will build fast data and machine learning solutions to address unique and complex problems in in the financial services industry. Capital One leverages full stack technology solutions including streaming big data, state of the art machine learning, micro-service architecture, distributed computation engines, and intuitive visualizations in the cloud. We work with several cutting-edge technologies and actively develop and contribute to the open source community. Y You will work alongside highly technical peers, with deep domain expertise (from cyberthreat prevention to sophisticated NLP), and partner with product and business teams to deliver game changing solutions for our customers.
Who you are:
- You have explored the intricacies of a data set to extract insights or have built models that predict or identify patterns used to answer burning business questions
- You have contributed to full stack systems built for speed and distributed computing and feel proud to ship code to delighted end users.
- You yearn to be part of cutting edge, high profile projects and are motivated by delivering world-class solutions on an aggressive schedule
- You love to learn new technologies, keep abreast of the latest technologies within cloud architecture, and drive your organization to adapt to emerging best practices
- You are the go-to person to answer deep technical questions about which ML algorithm may improve results or what visualization is best to explore relationships in the data
- It would be awesome if you have a robust portfolio on Github or open source contributions you are proud to share
- Bachelor’s Degree or Military Experience
- At least 2 years of experienceworking with Machine Learning, Deep Learning or Artificial Intelligence
- At least 2 years of experience programming in Python, Scala or Java
- At least 2 years of experience designing and building full stack solutions utilizing distributed computing or multi-node database paradigms
- Master’s Degree or PhD
- At least 2 years of experience with cloud software design using microservices or distributed caching
- A history of publications and conference attendance.
Job ID R50113