The Intelligence and Decision Technologies Group develops prototypes to demonstrate innovative command and control technology and open system architectures that measurably improve intelligence and military decision making. This work begins with an understanding of the workflows of intelligence analysts and military commanders, often through operations research. Operational data sets are amassed to support all types of algorithm development, such as multisensor fusion, “big data” mining, cloud technologies, graph-based network detection, and artificial intelligence, including deep learning. The group guides the nation in the adoption of open architecture standards in air, space, and cyber platforms. Prototype systems for data exploitation and knowledge management are delivered for evaluation in theater. Areas of technical staff expertise include systems analysis, modeling and simulation, feature extraction and pattern analysis, computer vision, natural language processing, machine learning, software development, and field experimentation.
Machine Learning / Artificial Intelligence
A software development support position is currently available to adapt and apply state-of-the-art machine learning techniques to a variety of structured (tabular), perceptual (audio, imagery, natural language), and relational (graph valued) datasets. Projects will span all phases of the machine learning lifecycle (understanding the problem, data processing, model training and evaluation, integration and testing, and monitoring) in support of laboratory and field experiments.
- Position requires BS in Electrical or Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics or related engineering or information sciences discipline.
- Candidates with 1+ years of software development experience (in Python, Java, C++, etc.) preferred.
- Experience with machine learning software (such as scikit-learn, TensorFlow, PyTorch, MXNet etc.) required.
- Experience in processing large computer vision data sets is a plus.
- Experience with big data computation and storage technologies (such as Hadoop, Spark, Elastic search,
- Cassandra, etc.) is a plus.
- Candidates must be able to work in a multi-disciplinary team environment and possess effective oral and written communication ability.
- Occasional travel may be required.
MIT Lincoln Laboratory is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status, or genetic information; U.S. citizenship is required.