When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
What you will do?
Do you get a kick out of algorithmically solving complex problems? Do you dream about patterns in data at night? Do you want to create products that solve health care problems and save lives? If so, we’d love to talk to you about a new product we’re developing in the genetic analysis space. We’re looking for a top-notch Machine Learning, Algorithm/Software Engineer who always sweats the small stuff and cares about impeccable code with a solid understanding of Deep Learning and experience in frameworks such as TensorFlow and CNTK. Come join the genomics revolution!
How you will get there:
- Creativity: You must be able to dive into new and unfamiliar systems and new ways to work. Think outside the box and ask the right questions. However, you don’t build science projects just because you are smart enough to build them.
- Math Skills: You must understand complex mathematical analysis, modeling and statistics.
- Teamwork: You enjoy working both alone and in teams, sharing ideas and co-developing algorithm code. You understand and know how to make a team more successful than the sum of the team members. You are humble enough to bend to the will of the frameworks, technologies and the people you work with when doing so won’t have a materially negative impact. Every task you take on, whether it’s scary and huge or tiny and boring, you are going to see it through to the best of your ability.
- Communication Skills: You understand that communicating is not about getting ideas out of your head but rather how to get your ideas into someone else’s. You see documentation as an art form not as an annoyance.
- Continuous Learning: You love to develop new skills. You enjoy doing personal projects at home to explore new technologies. You desire to share your discoveries and to learn from other people.
- Algorithm/Software Skills: Fundamental understanding of Deep Learning and Machine Learning. Experience in frameworks such as TensorFlow or CNTK. 3 years of experience in Python.
- Software Skills: Must be proficient in Java, C++ and Matlab. You use design patterns regularly and could teach object oriented programming to high school students. You document your code for others and not for yourself. Code quality and reliability is your passion and not something done after it works. You have experimented with and survived many different types of “agile” development and project methodologies, from which you have developed your own best practice. You spend more time and effort on testing your code than writing it.
- Academic Background: Masters or Ph.D. candidate in Computer Science, Engineering or Physics.