- Responsible for reaching agreement with customer on cost, schedule, and functionality for each new project.
- Plans, organizes, and controls minor projects on a daily basis.
- Responsible for meeting project goals on cost, schedule, and functionality.
- Handles multiple medium size projects simultaneously.
- Coordinates the efforts of other engineers, technicians, plant personnel, and contractor.
- Works with manager to secure resources to achieve goals.
Engineering Design & Development, Installation, and Support
- Responsible for design and development of new equipment components for global manufacturing plants and global dealer systems with supervision.
- Responsible for testing, installation, and startup of new equipment for the manufacturing plants.
- Responsible for testing, operations manuals, technical transfer, product lifecycle management, and production release for new global dealer equipment.
- Utilizes advanced computer aided design tools such as Pro/Engineer and Pro/Mechanica to design new equipment and components and to complete simulations to predict life and understand transient conditions through Finite Element Methods.
- Proposes new technology to keep equipment and processes technologically advanced and leading the industry in product quality, productivity, and energy efficiency.
- Participates on sub-core process teams by evaluating existing processes and equipment and recommends modifications and refinements resulting in cost savings and quality & safety improvements.
- Interfaces with the commercial dealer systems plant, global tread manufacturing plants, sub-core process teams, tread and mold design group and corporate marketing during new equipment development feasibility studies.
- Makes informed recommendations on equipment required for manufacturing.
Consulting & Communications
- Relates plan of operations and establishes priorities for projects.
- Provides liaison between plants and corporate.
- Visits manufacturing plants and commercial franchised dealers to study processes; consult with personnel and make recommendations.
- Represents the company in contacts with outside suppliers of services and equipment.
- Serves as technical expert/resource to global tread manufacturing plant maintenance departments and provides on-site training and field support when required.
- Serves as technical expert resource to the Technical Support Group and Technical Support Representatives for the commercial dealer systems and provides field support when required.
- Conveys information to plants on equipment or process improvements in all areas of responsibility.
Four-year B.S. degree or foreign degree equivalent in Mechanical, Industrial, or Civil Engineering AND seven years of progressively responsible work experience in Machine Design Engineering.