Machine Design Engineer
Seeking a full time Mechanical Engineer / Designer to create and design new machines. The primary role is to design special machines utilizing engineering principles, knowledge and related experience. This is a direct hire position with hourly pay and full benefits.
Must be a US citizen or have a Green Card.
- Conceptualizes designs, lays out detailed drawings, selects materials and creates Bills of materials.
- Creates models and detailed drawings using Solidworks software.
- Sizes mechanical equipment such as pumps, gears, bearings, hydraulics and piping.
- Creates and reviews bid specifications, detailed drawings, technical manuals and bill of materials. Provides production and customer support.
- At least one year of machine design experience, preferably material handling and sheet metal design.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering is preferred, but may not be required.
- Solidworks software experience, but Inventor, Pro-E or any 3D software experience will be considered.
- Experience with Robotics, Servos, vision systems and PLC's is desired.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient computer skills including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- 401k match, holiday pay, vacation pay, medical, dental and life insurance.