Civilian, State and Local
Perspecta’s Civilian, State and Local segment partners with the U.S. Federal Civilian State and Local governments to provide infrastructure services, business solutions, and digital transformation services that help them achieve policy objectives and integrate citizen-centric services.
Perspecta has an immediate need for a Magnetics Components Engineer in Pasadena, CA.
The magnetic components engineer will be a member of JPL's Electronic Parts Reliability Engineering Group, responsible for reviewing all Electrical, Electronic and Electromechanical Parts (EEE) parts for reliability related performance and advises the projects on part selection, conducts scientific experiments or theoretical analysis to determine the physical behavior of parts in a space-like radiation environment.
Oversees part procurement to ensure compliance with engineering requirements and maintains part inventories. Deep understanding and substantial use of common computer tools. Excellent written and oral communication skills.
A Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Physics, Materials Science/ Engineering, Applied Mathematics or related technical discipline with a minimum of 12 to 15 years of related experience or a Master’s degree in similar disciplines with 10 to 13 years of related experience; or a PhD in similar disciplines with a minimum of 10+ years related experience.
As a Magnetics Component Engineer, you will:
- Evaluate, select and approve magnetics components from design, construction, quality and reliability perspectives for use in space missions.
- Advise project management on highly complex electronic part selections that maximize reliability while considering schedule and cost constraints.
- Develop part engineering specifications and drawings.
- Interface with Mission Assurance Managers, Cognizant Engineers, and part manufacturers.
- Work with manufacturers on new component development and lead resolution of technical issues in order to support project flight build.
- Support technical surveys and audits of magnetics part suppliers.
- Perform statistical data analysis and risk assessments.
- Disposition test and inspection failures, including those during screening, destructive physical analysis (DPA), lot qualification and receiving inspection.
- Develop screening methods that effectively reduce risk in space and during manufacturing of magnetics components.
- Understand potential failure mechanisms affecting magnetics components and participate in failure investigations and reliability assessments.
- Utilize the Part Acquisition and Review System (PARS) to review project parts lists and assess part compliance to project requirements.
- Serve as an essential team member within the Group, ensuring part reviews, screening and testing, and procurement meet project schedule.
- Extensive understanding and experience in the selection, procurement, manufacture, use and testing/screening of high reliability magnetics components for space-flight applications.
- Strong working knowledge of magnetic properties, wire and core technology, and assembly and encapsulation engineering.
- Knowledge of MIL-STD-981, MIL-STD-1580, MIL-PRF-27and relevant JEDEC specifications and requirements related to magnetics components.
- Ability to multi-task with an established track record of meeting schedule milestones.
- Ability to work well with cross-functional teams with design engineers, line management, and project management.
- Relevant experience in magnetics technology including high voltage magnetics manufacturing or design.
- Knowledge of NASA parts requirements including EEE-INST-002
- Contract Technical Management experience.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
Salary Minimum: $102,315.20 Salary Maximum:$218,712.00 The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position, and is just one component of Perspecta's total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. In addition, Perspecta provides a variety of benefits to employees.