San Francisco, CA
8 - 10 years
Posted 265 days ago
M&A Tax Senior Manager
BDO’s Core Purpose is Helping People Thrive Every Day. Our Core Values reflect how we manage our work, our relationships and ourselves. As an employee of the firm, you will live true to our Core Values of people first, being exceptional every day in every way, embracing change, feeling empowered through knowledge and choosing accountability. Our Core Values are the standards by which we conduct ourselves day in and day out, both internally and externally.
The Transaction Advisory Services (TAS) Tax Senior Manage is an essential team member that will work to ensure engagements are executed timely and that client expectations are met, if not exceeded and support the overall delivery of the national TAS Tax strategy.
- Bachelor’s degree, J.D., LL.M. in Taxation, and/or Master’s in Taxation (MST) from an accredited college/university require
- Eight (8) or more years of relevant experience, with no less than three (3) years of TAS specific experience required
- CPA License and/or J.D. preferred
- Strong Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills preferred
Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Experience managing multiple client engagements an client service teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to articulate complex information when providing crucial negotiation insights, etc.
- Must be technically competent across multiple US federal, international and state income tax disciplines
- Fundamental working knowledge of all or essentially all non-income based federal, state and foreign tax regimes, including but not limited to indirect, payroll, property and ad valorem taxes
- Understanding of US GAAP, including the accounting for income tax principles
- Experience with tax controversy and procedure
- Ability and willingness to travel, when necessary