This is a rapidly growing consulting practice with significant advancement opportunities. We advise multinational corporations, privately held companies, partnerships, and private equity firms on the tax aspects of planning, structuring, and executing M&A transactions.
- Work as a part of a multi-disciplinary team that focuses on delivering specialty federal tax projects and tax structuring services, and communicates findings and opportunities to clients
- Identity opportunities and lead execution of projects for Transaction Cost Analysis, Section 382 studies, Consolidated Basis and Earnings and Profits studies, debt restructurings, and bankruptcy emergence planning.
- Work on tax modeling and quantification projects, including Section 338(h)(10) step-up analysis, Section 743 step-up analysis, tax make-whole calculations, interest limitation, and Treas. Reg. 1.1502-36 unified loss calculations.
- Work with and assist other senior members of the M&A Tax practice with various technical tax issues dealing with consolidated returns, S Corporations, partnerships, and limited liability companies. Assist in tax research and issuance of written tax memorandum.
- Embed on cross-functional service teams for key clients to drive opportunity identification and execution from an M&A tax perspective.
- Manage multiple engagements simultaneously and work with all M&A colleagues across the enterprise
- Develop, motivate, and train staff and senior level team members
- 4+ years of federal tax experience in a public accounting firm, a corporate tax department, or a law firm
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university
- CPA or J.D./LL.M
- Knowledge of a broad range of corporate tax matters in various industries
- Ability to handle multiple engagements
- Excellent research and writing skills
Job ID req6529