This role will also need to lead our thinking and execution in driving venturing/M&A with an eComm lens – as well as how to then incubate these brands to be successful. Given the nuances in F&B evolution across key regional markets, tailoring our approach to win in each respective context is also critical. Accordingly, this role will play a major part in shaping and executing the global eCommerce innovation agenda as well as providing a hands-on approach to driving execution.
This role, managing stand-alone a set of strategic innovation projects while also being a critical contributor to cross-functional team(s) driving the portfolio/supply-chain agenda. The role will report to the Global eCommerce Innovation Lead and be based in our Global eComm HQ in NYC.
This role is about designing and owning strategic innovation projects end-to-end, from upfront scoping and problem-solving, to driving execution towards concrete outcomes. It is therefore both “strategic” and highly tactical (i.e., execution-oriented).
- Strategic Direction: Contribute to high-level innovation strategy development, including
- Drive development of BU- and eCommerce M&A strategy, leveraging insights and influencing the right stakeholders
- Conduct analytical assessment fast-growth online categories and competitive dynamics, as basis for strategy development
- Act as strategic though-partner to BU and corporate M&A teams
- Expand Portfolio: Drive insight-led optimization and expansion projects, specifically
- Drive M&A agenda with eComm-lens to potential targets, coordinating independently with global cross-functional teams involved in due diligence processes
- Oversee integration of M&A targets’ portfolio into eCommerce (wiring with sales and marketing teams etc.) to ensure quick capture of synergies
- Develop eComm growth platforms (e.g., gifting, DTC); as well as sizing and prioritizing new product ideas that represent emerging consumer trends
- Support development of eComm accelerator model, incubating eComm-forward brands
- Optimize Performance: Drive strategic performance optimization and management initiatives
- Institutionalize a rigor and focus on eComm-forward M&A across our organization … and back into relevant teams
- Establish analytics best practices and standardized processes for the assessment of eCommerce potential of brands / products
- Develop scorecarding content, processes and tools
- +7 years of experience in a mix of strategy and commercial type roles
- Must bring M&A and transaction experience, with solid financial modeling background and track-record in running due diligence projects
- Prior experience in CPG or retail business strongly preferred; exposure to eCommerce / Digital space ideal
- BA required (MBA and relevant MSc. strongly preferred)
Auto req ID: 137704BR