The Manager of Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A) is responsible for valuing, structuring, and closing acquisitions and growth Capex projects. This individual reports directly to the SVP of Mergers & Acquisitions and indirectly supports the Water Solutions, Crude Oil Logistics, Refined Products, and NGLs business segments.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate due diligence efforts spanning commercial and functional support groups.
- Create discounted cash flow models, transaction multiples and accretion/dilution analyses.
- Author detailed customer proposals in response to RFPs from major oil companies.
- Structure and price growth Capex projects whereby NGL would build pipelines and other infrastructure for its Exploration & Production (E&P) customer base in exchange for long-term acreage dedications or volume commitments.
- Orchestrate review of transaction documentation, schedules, and exhibits.
- Design alternative transactions structures to reduce risk and enhance returns.
- Prepare internal requests for growth Capex project approval.
- Conduct supply, demand, and market risk assessments.
- Work with internal stakeholders to resolve contract, pricing, and due diligence issues.
- Maintain and organize Virtual Data Rooms.
- Create complex, detail-oriented valuation models in Excel.
- Assess micro and macro risks and their impact on economic scenarios.
- Author term sheets and commercial proposals.
- Review and comment on transaction documentation.
- Conduct detailed due diligence of target assets and companies.
- Prepare market research and forecasts for oil and gas production basins.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Regular attendance at the worksite is required.
Position Qualifications: Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Expert Excel, PowerPoint, and data aggregation skills.
- Exceptional time management, communication, and organizational skills.
- Ability to price and structure complex commercial contracts and options.
- Ability to work independently with little or no direction.
- Extremely detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task.
- Ability to assess data, analyze data, make the best decision, and execute.
- Must be open and receptive to change.
- Team player in a very fast-paced office environment.
- Positive attitude, enthusiasm, and professionalism.
- Demonstrated ability to think multiple steps ahead.
- Must be dependable with a stable work history.
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Ability to maintain stability under pressure and be flexible and willing to modify plans and behavior when necessary.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings, weekends and/or holidays.
- Ability to be a positive representative of the Company both internally and externally.
- Ability to work with respect and cooperation at all times with fellow employees and customers.
- Must be committed to working safely at all times.
- Minimum of five (5) years of progressive work experience in M&A, corporate development, investment banking, project finance or private equity with a preference for direct experience in the energy industry.
- Direct experience valuing, structuring and closing acquisitions and Growth Capex projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting, Engineering or Applied Mathematics with GPA of 3.5 or higher.
- Professional degree or CFA designation is preferred but not required.