Our client is a market leader in the provision of research and risk software solutions and they wish to hire a Finance Manager with expertise in M&A, Modeling and Investments. The Finance Manager will develop process improvements, and participate in audits and various otherfinancial/accounting tasks. These include revenue, all areas that may be impacted by billing/pricing, revenue recognition, Account Receivable and various other aspects.
Essential daily duties will include:-
- Understands complex and underlying data relationships. Pulls ideas, issues, and observations into a clear and concise presentation. Makes appropriate recommendations to multiple levels of management.
- Manages the financial function and plans and monitors workflow to ensure all work is completed on a timely basis; and manages a portion of month-end close activities, reviews and analyzes schedules, reports and/or journal entries and understands their impact on the overall financials.
- Identifies problem areas when looking at information, seeing patterns, trends or missing pieces, and identifies the similarities. Questions inconsistency in financial data elements. Makes recommendation to resolve and drives implementation of corrective action.
- Reviews and validates complex contracts to ensure proper billing and revenue recognition; may recommend solutions and contract changes to multiple levels of management
- Identifies improvements and enhancements, document, develop and design necessary systems and process improvements and implements improvements. Supports and provides guidance to other functional areas on issues, questions and assists them with solutions.
- Develops process and documentation related to various aspects and supports new product launches. Ensures implementation and completion of various projects and directs efforts of others to assist in project completion.
- Is tasked with more complex strategic analysis and ad-hoc projects due to high level of knowledge and proven track record of informative and accurate reporting.
- Can facilitate and lead the work of others on system processes & improvements from a technical standpoint.
- Provides leadership and analytical support to finance department.
- Responsible for interacting and partnering with various functional and business unit departments to develop analysis around key initiatives to drive continuous improvement.
- Ensure compliance with internal controls/procedures, SOX and external auditors
- Direct, facilitate and lead the work of other analyst in the department
- Responsible for refining management presentations and articulate them to the business management.
- Bachelors' Degree in Accounting or Finance, MBA or CPA preferred
- 7+ years prior experience of substantial diverse financial analysis and accounting?
- Must have M&A and Investment experience including valuations
- Advanced computer skills including excel, Essbase, PeopleSoft and in-depth knowledge of MBS
- Strong managerial skills including ability to manage through change and ability to work with management at all levels