Grant Thornton’s Strategy and Transactions (S&T) practice is focused globally on middle-market transactions, serving dynamic organizations with experienced professionals who bring a full range of advisory services to validate, optimize and create value. Our S&T practice is comprised of several integrated capabilities that support our clients' needs throughout the transaction lifecycle.
Responsibilities include planning, executing, directing, and completing projects and supervising, training and mentoring the team. The Data Analytics Director works closely with partners, principals, managing directors, and engagement teams and plays a key role in client management, practice development, and business development for an assigned group of initiatives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise and oversee all aspects of engagements throughout the transaction process, and coordinate the work performed by multiple service lines.
- Serve as the day-to-day point person on engagements; lead meetings and calls with clients and target management.
- Train the team on the utilization of advanced business intelligence tools including complex calculations, table calculations, mapping, data blending and optimization of data extracts.
- Manage client expectations concerning project deliverables and deadlines and lead change efforts effectively.
- Develop and maintain strong client relationships and cross-sell services.
- Team with partners on proposals and business development calls.
- Recruit, manage, mentor, and train managers, senior associates and associates.
- Assess performance of managers, senior associates and associates for engagement and year-end reviews.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Computer Science, Statistics or related field. Advanced degree preferred.
- 10 plus years of related work experience of related work experience in a similar consulting practice or function serving clients at a national level.
- CPA certification or relevant professional certifications required.
- Expert knowledge of Tableau. Certification is a plus.
- Proficient knowledge of Maestro or Alteryx data cleansing software is a plus.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and simultaneous projects in a rapidly growing practice.
- Strong leadership, business development, recruitment, training, and mentoring skills.
- Excellent written, presentation, leadership, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work additional hours as needed and up to 40% travel to various client sites.