In this role, you will help assess, prioritize, and drive growth opportunities for the Medical division. You will advise the division (and its business units) on a range of topics, including transaction execution, growth strategy and competitive strategy. Over the last five years the Medical BD team has completed more than ten M&A transactions (acquisitions of intellectual property, new products and entry into new markets) representing more than $4B of invested capital. This is a unique opportunity for top performers seeking a high-impact, high-visibility position and the ability to influence future direction. You must be highly motivated, combining exceptional strategic thinking, superior executive communication skills, project management and managerial experience, and quantitative skills. High-level responsibilities include market analysis, competitive analysis, industry trends and due diligence associated with mergers and acquisitions, licensing opportunities and distribution agreements.
The ability to develop partnerships is key – with senior leadership, operational team members, potential acquisition targets and key stakeholders (Finance, RAQA, HR, Legal, Marketing, investment bankers, consulting firms, etc.). You will manage the acquisition process from the initial lead to due diligence, and through final approval.
The ideal candidatewill have:
- Ten years or more in related sales, marketing, finance, or engineering positions and/or relevant medical device industry experience.
- Master’s degree highly preferred, but a Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Exceptional writing skills including both business and technical.
- Analytical skills specifically with valuation modeling, strategic planning, intellectual property assessment and market trend analysis.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.