The Lehigh Valley Association of Independent College (LVAIC) is seeking an individual to join the team as the Strategic Partnership Director.
LVAIC is a consortium of the colleges and universities in the Lehigh Valley of eastern Pennsylvania: Cedar Crest College, DeSales University, Lafayette College, Lehigh University, Moravian College, and Muhlenberg College. The staff members of LVAIC, working as a team, facilitate and advance collaborative initiatives of the organization in support of the priorities of the member institutions.
Key responsibilities of this position include collaborative opportunity identification, development, assessment, and implementation leading to business processes and sourcing that maximize campus resources. This position works closely with administrative functions within the member campuses to identify, develop, and implement opportunities for meeting emerging challenges, enhancing services, and reducing costs through shared services that maximize the resources of the member institutions. This occurs through a wide spectrum of cross-intuitional Communities of Practice and cross-institutional and cross-functional project teams. For additional information regarding LVAIC programs and the LVAIC community, please see www.lvaic.org .
Key priorities for this position for the next 36 months include identification, exploration, development, and implementation of technology, leveraged sourcing, and business process opportunities and synergies.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Working with and across the LVAIC community, lead project teams to identify and analyze existing programs, new initiatives, and business processes for collaborative opportunities to improve operating effectiveness.
- Play a leading role in the identification, collection, analysis, and communication of necessary data across a range of activities, both academic and operational. Use relevant data to analyze costs and benefits of potential projects. Develop recommendations. Plan and implement projects and
- Serve as project manager or team leader of cross-functional teams for relevant projects related to, or emerging from, planning & analysis. Develop and manage project plans and
- Manage LVAIC Communities of Practice including recruiting members, facilitating meetings, developing and implementing professional development and other educational programs, and contracting for services as
- Coordinate collaborative procurement processes including preparation of specification and bid documents, vendor negotiations, bid evaluations and analysis, and contract document
- Manage all existing LVAIC contracts and vendor relationships and insure appropriate and timely reports.
- Manage LVAIC contract database, records, and
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Public Administration or combination of Bachelor’s Degree and related work
- 7 years working experience within and across complex organizations
- Demonstrated ability to achieve objectives through influence rather than direct authority across all levels of higher education organizations.
- Demonstrated project management
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate team building, foster communication, resolve conflict and build trust across
- Demonstrated negotiation
- Broad knowledge of information technology, preferably in a higher education
- Excellent verbal and written communications, demonstrated ability to present materials to small and large
- Fluency using MS Office tools and project management software
- Fluency using online communication tools such as Zoom and Google
- Access to a vehicle
- Valid Driver’s License
- Knowledge and expertise to acquire, manage, manipulate, and analyze data and to effectively communicate
- Experience developing and implementing technology-enabled business
- Experience working with the procurement process, technology, and management
- Demonstrated expertise with strategic sourcing
This position requires the ability to work from home.
- LVAIC will provide access to all virtual tools including VOIP telephone access.
- Employee must provide internet access sufficient to support the use of virtual tools.
- LVAIC will provide a laptop computer and supporting peripheral devices.
- Employee will provide their own cell phone if desired.
- LVAIC may provide other work from home supporting equipment such as chair, stands, etc.
- Employee is required to visit the office location in Bethlehem PA periodically for meetings or to manage mail, deliveries, supplies, and/ or records.
- Employee is required to visit the member campuses in support of campus-based activities.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those encountered while performing the essential functions of this job.