What You Will Do
Are you a luxury influencer who lives to share your passion with others? Do you have a love of fine wine & spirits, sales, and a strong understanding of the industry?
As a Luxury Portfolio Consultant, you'll work with our on-premise accounts to present Gallo luxury products at fine dining, high-end bars, hotels, your favorite speak-easy – places you probably already have relationships.
You'll engage with bartenders, maître d's, sommeliers, and fine restaurants owners to develop awareness and drive sales of our luxury wine & spirits portfolio.
We're looking for someone with enthusiasm for wine & spirits and an eagerness to learn more – someone who will work about 70% in trade and 30% in consumer activation, managing about 50 accounts at a given time. Your responsibilities will include promoting our brands to an influential customer base and in cooperation with other departments, you'll drive brand activation and host memorable events for high-end venues and guests.
Our clientele will come to see you as a valued partner and subject matter expert. You'll inspire others with your enthusiasm for the Gallo luxury brands. Ideally, you'll bring an adaptable nature that allows you to transition smoothly between client calls to activation events and leading executive presentations.
As a wine & spirit evangelist, you'll have an insatiable intellectual curiosity and always stay up-to-date on global and local market trends that you'll happily share with your robust social following.
You'll be responsible for developing best practices for conducting luxury activations, managing a travel and expense budget along with overall finances, and managing customer/consumer distribution lists to share digital content.
Show up, suit up and bring enthusiasm and passion to every account, client and consumer you touch.
You'll also be tasked with understanding and complying with applicable quality, environmental, and safety regulatory considerations pertaining to the wine & spirits industry – you get it – adult beverage is highly regulated. You may be accountable for the work of others, and therefore, also responsible for their understanding and compliance.
What You'll Need
- High School Diploma or State-issued equivalency certificate.
- Bachelor's Degree plus 5 years of Gallo winery sales or Gallo affiliated or non-affiliated distributor sales experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility OR Bachelor's Degree plus 6 years of Alcohol Beverage Sales, Luxury Sales or Hospitality, Culinary, Supplier/Wholesaler, or Tasting Room experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility OR 9 years of Alcohol Beverage Sales, Luxury Sales, or Hospitality, Culinary, Supplier/Wholesaler, or Tasting Room experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility
- Required to be 21 years of age or older.
- Candidates for this position must have a valid driver's license and a safe driving record.
- Required to obtain a California driver's license or appropriate state driver's license within 30 days of hire.
- Required to obtain Liquor License as required by state/locality.
- Experience with owned social media and networks.
- Required to travel by air and automobile up to 25% during the course of business.
- Experience with Event or Hospitality Management.
- Sommelier, WSET level 3, CSS, CSW, CSE, CEFS, CSSC or equivalent certification or in process of obtaining within 6 months of employment.
What Will Set You Apart
- Bachelor's Degree plus 8 years of Alcohol Beverage Sales, Luxury Sales or Hospitality, Culinary, Supplier/Wholesaler, or Tasting Room experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility OR 11 years of Alcohol Beverage Sales, Luxury Sales, Hospitality, Culinary, Supplier/Wholesaler, or Tasting Room experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility.
- Sommelier, WSET level 3, CSS, CSW, CSE, CEFS, CSSC or equivalent certification(s).
- Established Alcohol beverage network, personal interest, bias to engage and go deeper, proven inquisitiveness.
- Established relationships within the luxury industry.
- Experience with selling Gallo premium or luxury brands.
- Skilled in all basic fine wine training (Gallo Wine Academy, Napa, Sonoma, and Central Coast).
- Sommelier certification levels II-IV.
- Skilled in reading, analyzing and interpreting general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations.
- Skilled in writing reports, business correspondence and press releases.
- Skilled in effectively presenting information and responding to questions from groups of managers, clientele, customers and the general public.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Skilled in calculating figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commission, proportion, percentage, area, circumference and volume.
- Skilled in solving practical problems and dealing with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Skilled in interpreting a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Skilled in seeing, smelling and tasting wine as part of wine tasting.