The Retail ConstructionProject Manager provides on-site constructionsupervision and constructionschedule management and works in a team environment.
Demonstrates reliability, leadership, self-motivation, professional communication skills, and goal oriented ambition. The ConstructionProject Manager ensures the efficient on-time and on-budget openings of new or renovated retaillocations of low or medium complexity, striving for excellence and superior customer service.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Enforces established design standards and brand image.
- Flawlessly executes and owns store construction process for new retail stores and/or luxury boutiques from inception to punch sign off.
- Leads execution of assigned projects of medium complexity or high volume of lower complexity projects, including driving for results from all external vendors and cross functional partners.
- Reviews construction documents for accuracy, feasibility and compliance with brand standards and provides feedback to CD production team. Prepares accurate material take-offs.
- Prepares and manages constructionschedules, daily field reports, change order logs and other relevant project documentation.
- Secures delivery of materials and services.
- Monitors job site activity to ensure alignment with project schedule and quality of work.
- Chairs pre-construction meetings with landlord and contractors.
- Ensures efficient coordination among contractors, vendors and other construction team members.
- Prepares and manages schedules for vendors, contractors and consultants.
- Proactively develops, manages and monitors project budgets to ensure project profitability.
- Regularly reviews and provides input for Finance department project control reports.
- Coordinates efficient and effective use of internal resources to secure adequate project support, while safeguarding project bottom line.
- Reviews and approves contractor’s applications for payment and change orders. Reviews and approves vendor invoices.
- Degree, study and/or experience in Architecture, Engineering or related fields
- 8+ years of retailconstruction project management experience
- Direct management of luxury construction in malls and street locations in major US cities
- Previous experience as project manager with major retail brands
- Prior experience as project manager for general contractor
- Excellent project management skills, computer skills and communications skills
- Superior functional excellence and organizational skills
- Willingness to work off hours or days when required by project needs