Lung Screening Nurse Coordinator, Pulmonology
5 - 7 years experience •
The Lung Cancer Screening Coordinator will work with the Multi-disciplinary team as a patient advocate; educator and guide for patients and their families enrolled in the Lung Cancer Screening Program and will serve as a clinical resource and liaison across the disciplines while coordinating and tracking patients through the process. Must have the ability to communicate and work effectively with a variety of patients, family and staff , and be able to serve as an effective key member of interdisciplinary team in case of conferences and other settings. Be able to assess and counsel patients and families across the care continuum.
Assumes leadership role in planning and implementing clinical initiatives that improve quality, efficiency and cost of care delivery. Partners closely with mutidisciplinary team and identified physician leaders to optimize patient outcomes and evidence based practice.
- Demonstrates outstanding clinical and service delivery and utilizes critical thinking, problem solving and expert knowledge to identify and facilitate systems improvements with a strong focus on health promotion, risk reduction and population-based health care.
- Collaborates with inter-professional team members to enhance outcomes across the continuum of care by utilizing, critiquing and/or conducting research to promote evidenced based practice.
- Assumes leadership role in population based clinical strategic planning and participates on key committees related to that planning
- Establishes collaborative relationships with regional providers ( primary care, post acute) and local community organizations to advance population health across region
- Develops and provides clinical education to direct care clinical staff, cross continuum inter-professional team members as well as patients and families.
- Ensures patients fit obligatory criteria, perform education including shared decision making and assess patients for smoking cessation referral
- Process Patients through the Lung Cancer Screening Program including orders, database management, patient and provider communication
- Assist in the development of clinical care pathways for patients using evidence-based care, while identifying areas for improvement in efficiency and effectiveness
- Participates in community education and awareness campaigns to advance population based health initiatives.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing BSN
- 5 years of clinical nursing with 3 years minimum of work in area of speciality
- Advanced certification preferred.
- Program developmental skills
- Excellent communication & organizational skills
- Ability to lead and facilitate groups
- Ability to deliver presentations
- Well-developed PC skills