RF Engineer IV
• Must have knowledge about LTE/VoLTE technology, LTE network architecture, 3GPP standards; Additionally, experience in supporting RF deployments with US-based cellular operators preferred; 3G knowledge of eCSFB issues required.
• Must have a minimum of 7-years work experience in RF Optimization for LTE / UMTS / GSM/ CDMA / EV-DO.
• Must have at least total 3-years of recent hands-on experience working on any vendors LTE and/or VoLTE RF optimization or network performance management functions including trending, analysis, monitoring, reporting, and troubleshooting.
• Desirable to have experience working with NetAct OSS in alarm management, performance management and parameter configuration management. Hands on knowledge of ALU LTE TDD and FDD parameters. Experience with Alcatel-Lucent OSS (SAM) is a plus.
• Must have experience with LTE parameters, KPI counters, Operational Performance Indicator (OPI) counters, LTE power management, Carrier Aggregation, and associated call scenarios. Skills to review daily KPI reports and identify sites with performance degradation issues is required.
• Must have deep experience in network performance components and troubleshooting. Network performance problem detection and solution methods, e.g., throughput issues, connection drops, blocks, etc. Have knowledge of clients tools including PNM, ALU NPO, NetAct RS, etc. creating reports and deep dive counter based analysis.
• Desirable to have knowledge in RF Optimization Layer 3 analysis experience using tools similar to ACTIX.
• Must have knowledge of running traces for troubleshooting/analysis. Must have knowledge of the various drive testing equipment such as JDSU/RAN Advisor, Nemo, TEMS, X-cal, Windcatcher and FalconSmart
• Plus: Have expertise in troubleshooting to perform tasks such as resetting an eNB/RRH, changing a parameter, run WO, updating the yang file, alarms, RSSI issues
• Should have an understanding of Radio Resource Management functionalities, e.g., handover control, admission controls, capacity management, etc.
• Plus: Have hands on knowledge of monitoring site alarms, doing health check status of sites, and resolve alarms
• Desirable to have understanding & exposure to RF design (link budget inputs, propagation models), optimization, PLANET, ATOLL and performance tools.
• MS in Electrical Engineering/Computer Science or other related Engineering. Bachelors with 7 or more years of experience also acceptable
• Strong teamwork, discipline to follow process, good communication and documentation skills
• Proficient in MS Office, especially Excel (formulas, running macros), MS PowerPoint and UNIX
Valid Through: 2019-11-12