Role: LTE Protocol Software Development Engineer
Location: San Diego, CA
Duration: 12 Months
Experience: 5+ Years
- 5G NR experience desired
- Excellent Protocol Knowledge in LTE technologies from Rel8-Rel14
- Good Knowledge in TTCN-2 or TTCN-3.
- Working experience of using Qualcomm UEs and tools required
- Familiar with 3GPP and RAN5 required
- LTE protocol exp is also required(NAS, RRC, PDCP, RLC, MAC, PHY, SIP, RTP/RTCP, RCS protocols)
More detailed information
- Excellent Knowledge of LTE/5G protocol layers: L1/L2/L3 e.g NAS, RRC, PDCP, RLC, MAC, PHY.
- Knowledge on IMS/VoLTE: SIP, RTP/RTCP, RCS
- UE logs analysis. Issue debugging.
- Hands-on experience on R&S, Keysight, Anritsu test equipment.
- Knowledge of C, C++, TTCN3
- Any experience beyond LTE L3 layer is not suitable for this job position. Highlighted in the below diagram. Experience in the red circle is not needed. I am seeing lots of profiles on RF optimization, commissioning and integration engineering, RF engineer, core network engineer but very few on the protocol stack.