SCOPE OF POSITION
The LSS Black Belt Practitioner will be responsible for implementing continuous improvement efforts, acting as an internal consultant in shaping continuous improvement strategy while also helping senior leadership and plant managements solve complex business, operational, and manufacturing problems. As a Master Black Belt, he/she will be critical in helping to recognize, analyze, prioritize, and drive opportunities for improvement across all aspects of the business. They will own and utilize LeanSix Sigma and continuous improvement methodologies, tools, techniques, and principles, assuring their freshness, applicability, and consistency with industry standards and ensuring proper deployment across multiple projects.
- Utilizes data from all areas within the Company and analyzes for improvement opportunities.
- Leads cross-functional teams to make improvements to processes to deliver consistent, annual, and sustainable improvements in performance.
- Accelerates cultural change to reduce variation and waste in Company Business and Operational activities.
- Drives standardization and structure into performance indicators from the shop floor through Senior Management to identify, prioritize and validate the improvement actions and results.
- Partner with key stakeholders to prioritize and deliver projects on time.
- Identify and engage subject matter experts (SMEs), both internally and externally, to facilitate implementation of project initiatives
- Create efficient business processes and workflows to streamline, standardize, and accelerate initiatives.
- Analyze and benchmark current state processes against proposed alternatives to identify opportunities to close competitive gaps and/or gain competitive advantages.
- Analyze, document, and accurately track the progress of identified value opportunities.
- Serve as a change agent by promoting the use of Lean tools and Strategy Deployment methodology across the Company.
- Create an environment where all employees have increased opportunities to contribute to the success of the business and the security of their future through Continuous Improvement efforts.
- Assists in the development of plant lean leaders in advanced tools and methodologies for sustainable results.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Engineering degree complete with at least 10 years demonstrated work experience in this field.
- LeanSix SigmaBlack Belt certification complete with a minimum of 5 years demonstrated work experience in this field.
- Demonstrated team leadership skills and a desire to participate in a highly competitive business endeavor requiring a high degree of quality.
- Proven track record of leading change and implementing continuous improvement projects
- Attention to detail, adaptability, self-starter, and high degree of personal accountability is essential.
- Ability to communicate effectively within all levels of the Company, including Senior Leadership, both written and verbal.
- Excellent computer skills, including ability to use MS Office Suite, Minitab, SAP, Databases, and other programs used by the Company
- Ability to multi-task extensively; experience in project management.
- Ability to travel nationally and internationally upwards of 50% of the time.