Responsible for assisting with the daily clinical activities under the supervision of the physician, RN, and/or nurse practitioner providing primary care services. Models appropriate behavior as exemplified in MLH Mission, Vision and Values.
Graduate of approved vocational nursing program.
Licensed Practical Nurse with current license to practice in the state of employment.
Effective June 1, 2018: All new hires and transfers are required to have BLS certification.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to work with patients, patient families and physicians in a tactful and professional manner.
- Ability to begin the patient visit with eye contact, smile and greeting, while using the patient’s name.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Performs computer skills demonstrated by successful navigation of the EMR with appropriate documentation. Demonstrates ability to review computer reports following evidenced based guidelines.
- Ability to react quickly to emergency situations.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Complies with established patient care guidelines, maintains established clinic policies, procedures and objectives, is aware of patient rights and confidentiality issues and abides by established communication policy with regard to the age specific populations.
- Accurately obtains, organizes and records necessary patient data.
- Updates all patient records subsequent to clinical information from physicians, nurse practitioner, including lab, etc., and assists in maintaining pertinent records.
- Assists physicians, RNs, nurse practitioners with procedures as needed.
- Performs under supervision of physician, RN, and/or nurse practitioner, the day-to-day clinical operations.
- Helps maintain a clean, orderly and safe environment for patient and staff.
- The physical activities of this position may include climbing, pushing, standing, hearing, walking, reaching, grasping, kneeling, stooping, and repetitive motion.
- Must have good balance and coordination.
- The physical requirements of this position are: medium work - exerting up to 50 lbs. of force occasionally and/or up to 25 lbs. of force frequently.
- The Associate is required to have close visual acuity including color, depth perception, and field of vision to perform an activity, such as assessing patients, preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; or extensive reading.
- Frequent invasive and non-invasive patient contact.
- Exposure to patient body fluids as well as exposure to hazardous or poisonous materials.