Under the supervision of the Provider(s) in the clinic, the Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) is responsible for assisting with patient care services as delegated or assigned and will function within the scope of practice according to the Mississippi State Board of Nursing. The LPN collaborates with all clinical staff, patients and their families.
- Performs patient care services
- Demonstrates awareness of nursing care plan for each individual patient by implementing/documenting delegated nursing interventions
- Measures and documents vital signs, lab tests and procedures, reporting results to Provider as needed
- Maintains efficient patient flow, including preparing exam rooms and triage area after each use
- Demonstrates knowledge in the administration of medications including observing, reporting, and documenting the effectiveness of the medications administered
- Schedules and compiles patient records; Documents clinical and health information in the electronic health record
- Participates in the admission, transfer, and discharge of the patient
- Communicates client/patient/family health care needs to appropriate health care provider
- Assures daily accurate, concise reporting and documentation of patient's condition and needs
- Shares input from the patient and family with the appropriate health care provider
- Actively participates in implementing patient care plans
- Assists in ordering, labeling specimens, scheduling, dressing, and consenting patient
Education: Graduate of an accredited LPN program or completion of requirements for licensure.
Licensure: Current MS license or temporary permit for same.