We are seeking a motivated individual to join our Engineering team as a full-time Electrical Engineer with a focus on Systems Design. The ideal candidate would have the following knowledge, skills and abilities: proficient in AutoCAD and Revit, strong problem solving skills as well as interpersonal and communication skills, and knowledge of electrical terminology, components, symbols, the National Electric Code (NEC), the National Fire Alarm and Signaling Code (NFPA 72), the International Fire Code (IFC) and BICSI standards. This position is responsible for performing low voltage system engineering tasks (Fire Alarm, Security, Voice/Data systems) for electrical construction projects, under the direct supervision of the Engineering Team Leader or Engineering Manager.
- Education: Associate Degree in Electrical Technology
- Experience: 11 years progressive electrical engineering related experience
- BICSI RCDD, NICET Level III and/or Professional Engineer (P.E.) License is preferred
- Provides guidance to Level 1 Engineers and Designers.
- Performs detailed calculations to compute and establish construction standards and specifications.
- Prepares and studies technical drawings, and electrical specifications to ensure that installations and designs conform to standards and customer requirements.
- Plans layout of electrical construction projects.
- Conducts field surveys and studies diagram and other data to identify and correct power system problems.
- Confers with internal and external customers to discuss existing or potential construction projects.
- Provides guidance to ensure that construction activities comply with specifications, codes, and customer requirements.
- Inspects completed installations to ensure conformance to design and equipment specifications.
- Compiles data and writes reports regarding existing and potential engineering studies and projects.
- Operates computer-assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform engineering tasks.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.