Olive Branch, MS
Industry: Retail & Consumer Goods•
5 - 7 years
Posted 129 days ago
Requisition Number: SS-14423
Area of Interest: Loss Prevention
Brand/Division: Shared Services
Position Type: Full-time
The basic objective of a Loss Prevention Manager is to help protect the company's customers, associates, and assets within their assigned area of responsibility.
* Provide Investigative Support to WSI and to law enforcement for WSI related matters.
* Conduct internal investigations and, where necessary, interviews in a highly professional, ethical and "People First" manner.
* Investigate suspected or actual thefts thought to be committed by external suspects when the losses or frequency merit it.
* Provide evidence to support the termination of internal associates guilty of theft or serious violation/s of company policy.
* In theft cases, provide the local prosecutor with sufficient evidence to obtain a criminal conviction.
* Complete required reporting and communicate all case facts to appropriate leadership, including control deficiencies, attorney inquiries, references, employee questions/morale, and recommendations for prevention of similar future losses.
* Set up restitution plans/agreements in theft cases and work with the restitution function to ensure recovery of losses.
* Identify, report, and as appropriate, offer recommendations to address loss related control deficiencies.
* Responsible for training, as needed or appropriate, of our internal customers in security and Loss Prevention procedures, within their assigned area.
* Conduct operational auditing, coaching, and compliance visits as appropriate or required.
* Work with internal customers to develop and implement effective plans to increase profitability and reduce losses.
* Complete quarterly and annual professional growth and development plans as agreed upon with department leadership.
Since it was founded in 1956, Williams-Sonoma has grown from Chuck Williams' single store in Sonoma, California, into one of the largest retailers in the country, with some of the best known and most beloved brands in home furnishings, including Williams Sonoma, Pottery Barn, and west elm. That growth continues today. Our Global Supply Chain organization is the backbone of our company and key to its success. Our Distribution Centers serve as vital connections between factories and our retail, online and mail-order customers around the world. The Supply Chain environment is dynamic and fast-paced, and the network is expanding rapidly. If you have a background in distribution, manufacturing, engineering, transportation, finance, human resources or home delivery -- and are looking for a job with a strong opportunity for gaining new skills and for advancement -- our Supply Chain Organization is just the place for you. We employ thousands in our regional distribution operations and in our over 600 retail stores, customer care centers and corporate headquarters. That's why we work hard to support the community, including the institutions that are important to our employees, such as St. Jude Childrens' Research Hospital which we proudly support in its mission to treat and defeat childhood cancer and other life-threatening diseases.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
* Bachelor's degree or compensating experience.
* Minimum of 5 years of criminal investigative experience.
* Completion of professional training in investigative interviewing.
* Knowledge of facility security needs and management, including alarm systems and locks.
* Excellent communication skills (to include good public speaking ability and strong writing skills).
* Ability to work with highly confidential information.
* Must be self-motivated
* Strong analytical/problem solving skills.
* Computer literate with at least an intermediate level understanding of Microsoft Office products including Outlook, Access, Word, and Excel.
* Knowledge of retail processes including store, online, and distribution operations (preferred but not required).
* Ability to travel overnight as needed.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, or other applicable state or local laws and ordinances.