Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Participate in development and the execution of company loss prevention programs and strategies. Responsibilities include new store development projects, environmental regulatory compliance programs, and administration of loss prevention systems, XBR, CCTV and Alarm Systems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned or required:
- Develop, coordinate and implement corporate loss prevention strategies for all operating business units.
- Provide loss prevention, asset protection, and environmental health and safety services to store operations.
- Manage assigned segment of annual loss prevention /safety budget.
- Manage contract vendor services and expenses for the assigned areas. These include: AT Systems, Uniformed Security Services, Alarm Services, Locksmith Services, CCTV services, Shopping Cart Services, and etc.
- Develop and maintain key relationships with internal executive management, law enforcement agencies, governmental compliance agencies and other professional organizations.
- Oversee investigations involving theft, fraud, policy violations, crimes against people/property, drug abuse, and human resources related matters as required such as, sexual harassment, discrimination, etc.
- Manage documentation, evidence collection and retention, and testimony in support of investigations, enabling the company to make well-informed decisions.
- Assist in the management and maintenance of loss prevention systems, case management (LPMS) XBR, CCTV, etc.
- Administration and management of company online case management system.
- Provide ongoing training, development, and presentations in loss prevention for Store Managers.
- Maintain Emergency Guidelines binder for Store Operations.
- Conduct shrink investigations in shrink challenged stores.
- Watch store video to identify potential thief areas, monitor store procedures and investigate fraudulent checks.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) in business or criminal justice administration from a four-year college or university; plus five years of loss prevention management experience in a retail or distribution business; or equivalent combination of education and management experience. CPP, CFI, LPC and WZ certifications highly desirable.
Ability to use Microsoft Office software, Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint. Knowledge of point of sales exception software such as Agilence, XBR, retail expert etc. is highly desirable.
- Position will be based in Portland, Oregon
- Must have valid driver's license and ability to drive a vehicle
- Ability and willingness to travel and stay overnight as necessary (air travel may be required)
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holidays appropriate to retail business needs