The Loss Prevention Manager is responsible for minimizing the financial losses of retail operations related to theft, vandalism, accident, and injury. This position requires the ability to develop procedures to detect fraud, safety issues and security violations, and the implementation of programs to detect and prevent repeat occurrences. The Loss Prevention Manager will be expected to communicate effectively and work cooperatively with store operations and upper management; work with discretion and professionalism, and maintain confidentiality at all times.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Responsible for safeguarding employees and company assets.
- Uses employee training, audits and store visits to prevent merchandise loss; investigates known losses and coordinates with law enforcement and prosecutors on theft prosecution.
- Oversees fraud analysts to ensure the safeguarding of company assets from losses due to theft or poor paperwork; identifying exceptions to provide actionable data for follow-up investigations of suspected fraud.
- Responsible for Robbery and Violence Prevention programs; oversees security of corporate office buildings and retaillocations.
- Researches and selects appropriate loss prevention equipment for retail sites including inter-active CCTV camera systems, smart safes and othersecurity equipment; liaison with loss prevention vendors to ensure contract compliance.
- External loss prevention focus is required by training store personnel in identifying and preventing shoplifting; credit card theft and scams; reducing vandalism at retail sites; educating employees on counterfeiting; preventing burglaries for non-24 hour locations; preventing theft from coin operated car washes.
- Bachelor?s degree in a related discipline
- At least 10 years of experience in retail loss prevention; retail operations experience is preferred.
- Attention to detail, acute observation, and analytical skills are required.
- The Loss Prevention Manager will have documented success in demonstrating a position of authority.
- Experience in conducting legal and/or ethical investigations is required, as is computer proficiency.
- Internal auditsupervision is a plus.
- Must be familiar with a variety of concepts, practices, and procedures within the loss prevention and security field.
- Leads and directs the work of others. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Performs a variety of tasks; a wide degree of creativity and latitude is required.
To be successful at United Pacific, each of us must embrace the , which is driven by our core values:
- We Are United. One Team, One Goal,
- People-Focused. Connected, Caring, Respectful
- Taking Pride In All We Do
- Results Matter. Personal, Team, Company
This culture influences our daily work and enhances our service commitment to our customers, vendor partners, communities, and each other. It helps define who we are today and guides us to become even better tomorrow.
The job qualifications described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. If accepting an offer of employment, applicant must be able to provide proof of authorization to work in the U.S. United Pacific is an EOE.