We are seeking an experienced and hard-working Loss Prevention Manager to join our growing auto parts team. The Loss Prevention Manager is primarily focused on managing the loss prevention activities and programs for the Distribution Center and all Company Owned Stores in the District. In addition, the Loss Prevention Manager demonstrates true leadership with vision, collaboration, trust, respect and effectiveness while collaborating with Distribution Center and Retail Management. If you seek a leadership position with opportunities to learn, train and grow even further and you love cars, trucks, motorcycles and all things automobile, the Loss Prevention Manager position is the job for you!
- Monitor the progress of the business and loss prevention goals necessary to ensure effective execution and profit improvement. Initiates and resolves internal and external investigations, effectively resolves exceptions from weekly and monthly reporting and drives execution of company initiatives though auditing and training.
- Conduct and manage all internal investigations, external theft and other criminal occurrences within company owned district stores and distribution center. This includes incidents of employee theft, robbery, burglary, etc. Prepares a detailed report accordingly.
- Serve as a liaison with local law enforcement on behalf of the company.
- Perform risk management, safety and risk classification surveys at existing and proposed sites.
- Work as a business partner with Operations to ensure consistent Operational Compliance and Execution is achieved within district and distribution center.
- Work through store management to correct operational deficiencies through identification, training and reporting. Successfully develop district and distribution center partnerships and work with business partners to accomplish relevant business goals and objectives including loss reduction targets.
- 5 or more years of experience in automotive or other retail store
- Previous experience analyzing data and identifying fraudulent activity
- Proven ability to set and execute daily, weekly, and monthly agendas.
- Flexibility to operate in a team environment.
- Must have the ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Must be able to understand the concept of inventory loss and shrinkage, and the financial implications of it.
- Must be proficient in the use of personal computers to include productive application of word processing (preferably Word), spreadsheet (preferably Excel), database (preferably Access).
- Must have a strong working knowledge of data mining/ad hock loss prevention exception software (XBR, Navistor, FraudWatch). High school diploma or G.E.D required. Bachelor’s degreepreferred.
GPC believes the fair and equitable treatment of employees, customers, suppliers and other persons is critical to fulfilling its vision and goals. GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC’s policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons