NJM Insurance Group has an opening for a Loss Prevention Representative in their Engineering Department. The goal of this position is to assist our policyholders in the process of identifying, quantifying, eliminating, or reducing the risk of loss.
This is a field position which requires travel throughout the Northern NJ and NY (Including Long Island). May require occasional travel to West Trenton, NJ for training and meetings.
• Conduct on-site loss control surveys and underwriting evaluations to assess potential hazards for our Construction Policyholders
• Conduct accident investigations
• Prepares loss control reports and sends recommendations to policyholders to help them improve potential risk factors
• A knowledge of industrial, construction and /or healthcare, and commercial auto safety
• An understanding of nationally recognized standards and codes
• Develop, enhance and present training programs in the area of loss prevention
• Communicate loss prevention services available to policyholders
• Travel is required
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Bachelor's Degree is required
• 5+ years of experience in Loss Control and/or Construction
• Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
• Ability to work in a team environment or independently
• Strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task and be detail-oriented
• Excellent analytical and decision making skills
• Experience with laptop computers as well as Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
• Loss Control and Safety experience in the Insurance Industry (Workers Comp, Commercial Auto, Property or General Liability) is preferred
NJM is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to attracting, retaining and promoting a diverse and inclusive workforce that is fully representative of the diversity that exists in the communities in which we do business.
Position # R2000811