Are you passionate about workplace safety? Do you want a position that allows you to focus on doing great work, not spending time managing the matrix or selling new business? Do you want to be part of a successful team?
WHO WE ARE
As a member of the Berkshire Hathaway group of insurance companies, we offer outstanding opportunities for professionals interested in working with a successful company. We offer unparalleled financial strength, stability and “large company” benefits, in addition to an exciting, friendly, “small company” atmosphere.
Berkshire Hathaway Homestate Companies has an opening in Joliet, Illinois for a Loss ControlConsultant. This position is responsible for providing risk management consultation services to current and prospective policyholders for theWorkers Compensation Division. BHHC is committed to providing our insureds andagents with professional loss control services to help reduce the frequency and severity to workplace accidents or loss. As a Loss ControlConsultant, you will leverage your knowledge and experience to make recommendations that will improve employee safety & health.
The Loss ControlConsultant is responsible for providing loss control services to assigned clients in a specific territory: Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, and Ohio but there may be sometravelto other clients occasionally elsewhere in the US. Responsibilities include:
- Monitor policyholder loss activity and develops loss reduction action plans.
- Assist policyholders in identifying key objectives to improve safety and loss control at the workplace; provides consulting and training services to support the account reaching loss control objectives.
- Develop and participates in presentations to insureds, underwriters, other BHHC employees, brokers and LC vendors.
- Serve as resource to underwriters, brokers and insureds in the field of safety, loss control and regulations related to employee safety.
- Review underwriting requests for loss control and oversee assignment of work to vendors or employee staff.
- Perform special assignments and projects as assigned.
- Travels (with an overnight stay) approximately 20-25% of the time
- Graduate of four year college or university program and five or more years of experience in the insurance industry providing loss control or job-related safety services, preferably in workers’ compensation insurance.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Certified Safety Professional or similar professional designation strongly preferred.
COMPREHENSIVE BENEFITS PACKAGE:
- Health and wellness – low premiums for medical, dental and vision coverage, FSA and EAP benefits
- Company paid Life, Disability and ADD benefits
- Employee Retirement Savings Plan with employer match up to 5 percent of compensation
- Generous Paid Time Off and Holidays
- Education Assistance Reimbursement
- Recognition and Rewards Programs
- Company Store
- Discounts across Berkshire Hathaway Inc. companies such as GEICO, See’s Candies, etc.