In this position you will be responsible for risk assessment, service delivery and management of large commercial construction accounts.
Be ready to:
- coordinate and execute the delivery of Loss Control Risk Management Services.
- develop quantifiable exposure-based service plans for clients including annual stewardship reports.
- conduct pre-underwriting risk assessments.
- conduct exposure/control analysis on prospective and current clients.
- provide service capability presentations to current and prospective clients
- Marketing/ Customer Service:
- creates customer satisfaction by demonstrating the value of loss control services.
- understand individual customer wants and needs, then recommend products and services that match their needs accordingly.
- markets Cincinnati Insurance and the Loss Control organization effectively to customers.
- builds credibility with internal and external customers
- Resource Management:
- continually assesses current workload considering business priorities and directs efforts accordingly.
- understands when it is appropriate to bring in the technical expertise or service of our specialists from other lines of business including Auto, General Liability, Workers Compensation, etc.
- identifies methods for improving personal productivity
Be equipped with:
- ten years or more of relevant construction and/or insurance industry experience. The ideal candidate will have experience outside of the insurance industry working for a large general contractor having a broad spectrum of direct experience with commercial construction, heavy civil, or other types of construction projects that require a high level of professional and engineering criteria.
- ability to apply construction industry experience to a broad range of customers and projects including the identification of exposures and assess controls on complex construction accounts is required.
- strong verbal and written communication skills to communicate effectively with a broad range of underwriting and customer partners to make sound assessments/conclusions based on review of written procedures, documents, discussions, and observations.
- ability to work independently to accomplish initiatives while managing schedule, resources and workload while working in a remote environment.
- work collaboratively as part of a team, proactively across lines of business, and effectively with internal and external partners on special projects and furthering industry and business goals.
- ability to develop and conduct training programs.
- ability to work remotely and have flexibility to travel (approximately 25-40%)
- Physical Capabilities:
- must be able to climb ladders, stairs, and other means of access to higher building elevations including roofs and upper floors of high-rise buildings while conducting site assessments.
- capable of making regular and quick travel either by vehicle or by air while demonstrating effective use of time, planning, and expense management.
- work in exposure conditions of extreme outdoor conditions (cold, rain, snow, heat, low light, etc.)
- You've earned:
- a bachelors’ degree in engineering, construction management, safety or similar degree is required. Advanced certifications such as ARM, CSP, CRIS, is preferred