The Logistics / Transportation Manager is accountable for the strategic and operational performance of the Logistics for our Low Voltage site at Spartanburg, SC. This position ensures the successful delivery of business strategy and operational goals to exceed customer expectations for the warehousing, cycle counting, logistics and transportation functions, while facilitating continuous improvement and achieving commercial success. The position reports to the Materials Manager of the location. The Manager will lead the Logistics / Transportation team which includes both hourly and salaried positions, both the internal and external warehouses and the efficient and effective day to day running of the department.
* Deploys Logistics & Transportation Strategy according to superior strategy.
* Defines and ensures implementation of Logistics standards, regulations and guidelines & Transportation.
* Manages and contributes to overarching Logistics programs and initiatives.
* Takes care for effective risk management measures.
* Ensures efficiency of Logistics & Transportation operations.
* Makes recommendation on Logistics unit organization and decides resource allocation.
* Responsible for Logistics & Transportation related KPIs.
* Heads organization assigned, and leads all related management and staff.
* Acts as personal advisor to unit's Executives and Senior Management in all SC / Logistics related issues.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• BS/BA in related discipline or advanced degree, where required.
•Inventory Management, Materials or Manufacturing Background
•Strong SAP Knowledge
• Demonstrates and applies advanced knowledge of concepts, practices, and procedures for area managed and good knowledge of other areas in the company and how they interact.
• Demonstrates full understanding and application of management approaches for work direction, motivation, and performance management.
• Typically 8+ years of successful experience in a directly related field and successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities and Knowledge as presented above.
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills + Advanced Excel and Data Collection, Analysis and Presentation Skills
• Proven leadership/team management skills with the ability to optimize team performance and development.
• Impeccable communication, presentation, interpersonal and influencing skills.
• Hands-on approach, with a ‘can do’ attitude
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Experience in Electrical Distribution business or similar industries in energy business
• Six-Sigma and/or Lean Manufacturing training
• APICS certifications and/or other advanced trainings.
Requisition Number: 223327