Innovative manufacturing company is seeking a Logistics Supervisor. The Logistics Supervisor is responsible for material handling, organization, and transport of Finished Goods from the final manufacturing step to the installation site, including interim storage.
- Results Oriented
- Manages People
- Job Knowledge
- Assist defining project handling scopes, schedules, required resources, metrics and deliverables.
- Prepare and communicate daily objectives and project planning with Logistics team to include other area stakeholders.
- Coordinate with various functions to align end customer satisfaction with execution.
- Accurate and timely documentation of product transactions
- Responsible for executing the project according to plan.
- Responsible for on time and complete deliveries
- Responsible for yard organization and inventory management
- Develop, lead, train logistics shipping clerks at the North Carolina facility.
- Provide weekly progress updates to the logistics manager.
- In consultation with the logistics team lead ? help recruit, interview and select staff with appropriate skills for the logistics activities.
- Hands on Lead with knowledge and ability to drive a forklift. Telehandlerexperiencepreferred.
- Accountability for damage in the yard.
- Ensure compliance with safety protocols and procedures while accurately loading outbound shipments.
- Lead 2-6 shipping clerks and facilitate on time deliveries.
- Train team for compliance and loading procedures.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Attendance at work and punctuality is an essential function of this position.
- Ability to communicate effectively with vendors in English
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as invoices and department manuals
- Should have no issues working outside
- Working knowledge of computerized inventory control system.
- Working knowledge in MS Word, Excel or similar computer software systems.
- 3+ years prior experience in a manufacturing environment
- Steel fabrication experience is a plus
- Forklift certified / Telehandlerexperiencepreferred
- OSHA10-hour training
- Must have a valid Driver?s License with no DUI?s (CDL preferred)
- Must have a clean driving record
Preferred Education and Experience: Associates Degree
Supervisory Responsibilities: 6-10 shipping clerks and facilitate on time deliveries
Work Environment: Plant. Outside yard.
Position Type: This is a full time, salaried position.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls and to climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to walk; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and talk or hear.
- The employee must regularly lift and move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Required frequently: standing, walking kneeling, squatting, bending reaching, and work in hot or cold temperatures.
Prescient is an Equal Opportunity Employer - All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran or military status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Type: Full-time
- working in a manufacturing environment: 3years
- Steel fabrication: 1year
- Telehandler: 1year
Required licenses or certifications:
- Forklift Certified
- valid Driver?s License
- OSHA10-hour training