The Quality Assurance Analyst is responsible for assisting in maintaining the integrity of a web-based workflow application; working with Business and Technical Analysts to thoroughly understand project goals, new features, as well as existing system functionality. The QA Analyst will be responsible for creating, executing and maintaining test plans for all new projects and enhancements by analyzing business and technical requirements. The QA Analyst will also be responsible for regression testing existing functionality, and load testing the various environments. Finally, this individual will be asked to contribute to QA process improvement, and present ideas to enhance the system and overall Quality Assurance process.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Build a deep understanding of the L&BI systems we develop and support, primarily a web based workflow application.
- Lead the effort, along with L&BI management, to develop QA testing policies and procedures. Ensure the procedures are followed, results are documented and performance testing results are communicated to management as required.
- Translate business and technical requirements into written test scripts.
- Execute test scripts and record results, in coordination with project timelines.
- Summarize and report test rules, e.g., number of tests conducted, percent of test cases passed on first attempt, number of issues reported, etc.
- Create and maintain automated test scripts and evaluate results.
- Perform regression testing.
- Perform or facilitate application ‘stress testing’.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Prior experience with application/software testing, specifically automated testing is desired.
- Knowledge of all phases of software development including requirements analysis, design, testing (integration, user, and performance), implementation and support.
- Self-motivated with the ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and manage changing priorities.
- Ability to work independently.
- Team oriented approach with a positive attitude.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to interact professionally with a diverse group.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- B.S. or B.A. in Computer Science or Business Administration, Technology or related field
- 3+ years of post-graduate experience in QA or IT related testing
- 2+ yearexperience in QA Documentation Writing
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications (PowerPoint, Excel, Visio, Word)
- Basic SQL database knowledge and query language.