The Logistics Planning Manager (Warehousing) will be in-charge of managing the $20+Million Annual Spend on Warehousing of the Division through developing and implementing strategic initiatives like warehouse foot print optimization and consolidation, floor layout improvements, development of a robust inventory location systems, drive efficiency in the receiving and put-away processes, material handling safety procedures, implementing Dock Manager, KPIs, and developing talents. This role will be responsible for establishing strong standards on warehousing practices across all Plants for the Division. With the guidance and leadership of the Logistics Director, VP Supply Chain, and VP Operations, this role will be co-creating and executing the Warehouse Footprint Optimization Strategy. This role will be reporting to the Logistics Director.
- CONTINUOUS PROCESS IMPROVEMENT – Collaborates with the Plant Warehouse/Shipping Managers to find better ways of doing things with the goal of shipping more products out the door the most cost-effective way. Ultimately ensures customers are serviced on-time and full
- PROBLEM SOLVING / RISK MITIGATION – Sudden surge in inventory happens as a result of demand and supply imbalance. This role is a key resource to provide alternative solutions and pulls resources to ensure timely execution. When storage space requirement is seasonal, this role develops strategy to ensure cost effective warehouse solution
- WAREHOUSE LAYOUT IMPROVEMENT – Collaborates with Plant/Shipping Managers to develop the optimum warehouse layout and material handling procedures to ensure smooth flow of materials and maneuverability. Analyses and recommends optimum man-machine mix to drive highest level of productivity.
- WAREHOUSE CAPACITY REQUIREMENTS PLANNING – Collaborates with the Supply Chain Directors/Managers in determining warehouse space requirements based on S&OP forecast. This is to ensure warehouse space is available ahead of the inventory pre-build to avoid last minute and costly storage space leases.
- KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS (KPI) – Develops and implements key performance indicators and scorecards on Warehouse effectiveness and efficiency.
- COACH AND MENTORSHIP – As needed, helps coach and mentor new employees aspiring to build career in Logistics. Ensures pipeline of talents and develops strong back-up for this role in the future.
- Bachelor’s degree in Logistics, Supply Chain, or extensive equivalent experience
- 10 or more years of experience in Warehouse Operations at multiple level in the organization
- Strong analytical skills with advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Advanced planning tools and systems experience (e.g. JDE, WMS, TMC and the like)
- APICS certification preferred but not required
- Must be able to work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Must be willing to travel when required
- Possess UFAA (United, Focus, Accountable, and Agile) leadership behavior
- Highly skilled communicator with the ability to form and maintain good relationships internally and externally
- Strong interpersonal, negotiation and influencing skills
- Customer focused
- Proven analytical, problem solving and organizational skills
- Commercial and financial acumen with a full understanding of the impact of failure in terms of business cost, production schedules and customer order fulfilment
- Excellent attention to detail skills
- High degree of knowledge and understanding of a variety of manufacturing and automotive processes and components and of supply chain management •
- Strong IT systems knowledge and skills including knowledge and understanding of specialist systems such as Warehousing Management System, Optimization Modelling, and the like
- Advanced Excel use