Job ID: JR0167804
Job Category: Materials
Primary Location: Phoenix, AZ US
Job Type: Experienced Hire
Logistics Operations Manager
The Logistics Operations Manager (LOM) works in support of the Factories and/or other Business units that are customers of CPLG/GLO. The ideal candidate oversees logistical operations for one or more of the following categories: Non-Finished Goods, Capital Supporting Items, Capital Tools, Die Wafer, or Inter-plant Traffic with the following scope:
- Logistics capabilities development in support of Factory Operations (e.g. Intel Fab, Assembly Test, Design Center, other). Logistics capabilities include Transportation, Warehousing, Logistics Customer Service, and Support Services.
- Transportation and 3PL Supplier Management, which includes developing suppliers, managing suppliers, and interfacing with suppliers on the management of the day-to-day operations in support of the Factory Operations.
- Optimization and cost-savings programs in partnership with Supply Chain and/or other business partners (e.g. Global Supply Management, Corp Services, Supply Planning Organization).
- Systems development/enhancement projects in support of logistics functionality (e.g. Non-Finished Goods quality program; Receiving/Storage enhancement or new systems development).
- The ideal candidate has expertise working in a global environment with a proven track record of working in Logistics or other supply chain groups. The person in this role will be required to work in a demanding and fast-changing environment, demonstrate speedy decision-making to meet aggressive deadlines, and drive effective communication with senior stakeholders. Proficiency in logistics and supply chain processes and the skill to work independently to drive results are key requirements to be successful in this role.
The ideal candidate should exhibit the following behavioral traits:
- Strategic thinking and independent working skills with minimal management direction.
Knowledge to identify and set own work priorities.
- Expertise to communicate with both tactical/technical team players but also to communicate laterally (partner groups) and upward to management.
- Project management or team leadership roles that required advanced communication and facilitation skills.
- Decision Making and Problem-solving skills.
- Influencing skills, including evidence of having presented decision-oriented / action-oriented presentations.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates. Position not eligible for Intel immigration sponsorship.
- Bachelor's degree in Business or Technical discipline (Supply Chain Management, Industrial Engineering, Operations, and Manufacturing)
6+ years of experience in one or more of the following Disciplines:
- Warehouse and Transportation Management.
- Supporting or directly working with Factory stakeholders.
- Supplier Management
- Supplier performance improvements.
- Analytical skills to gather cost/financial data and synthesize for report out to stakeholders
- Lean/Six Sigma
- Master's degree in Business or Technical discipline (Supply Chain Management, Industrial Engineering, Operations, and Manufacturing).
Inside this Business Group
As the world's largest chip manufacturer, Intel strives to make every facet of semiconductor manufacturing state-of-the-art -- from semiconductor process development and manufacturing, through yield improvement to packaging, final test and optimization, and world class Supply Chain and facilitiessupport. Employees in the Technology and Manufacturing Group are part of a worldwide network of design, development, manufacturing, and assembly/test facilities, all focused on utilizing the power of Moore's Law to bring smart, connected devices to every person on Earth