Logistics & Material Flow Engineer
If you offer a background in manufacturing or industrialengineering with five (5) years?experience in logistics and manufacturing/operations material flow, you may have an interest in this full-time, permanent-hire job position with our manufacturing client in Warsaw, Indiana.
As the Logistics & Material Flow Engineer you will facilitate the implementation of the material flow strategy through the supply chain, including but not limited to receiving, warehouse, work in process storage, and shipping process. Provide engineering and logistics support to receiving, production, and shipping departments. You will lead a small team and work collaboratively to set up and maintain an efficient material flow and appropriate storage aligned to lean manufacturing and visual management principles. SAPexperience is a plus.
What will you be doing?
- Support the design, implementation and maintenance of material flow within the facility
- Lead a small team of distributionassociates and coordinators
- Use lean manufacturing techniques to improve the material flow, i.e. supermarkets, just in time, standard packs / parts presentation, pull signals, etc.
- Assist with defining the appropriate material handling methodology for the different storage areas.
- Create and implement PFEP (Plans for Every Part) in conjunction with purchasing, planning, production and engineering groups.
- Set up a replenishment process for material storage in production areas.
- Lead freight damage reduction projects partnering with carriers and packaging experts to improve our customer satisfaction.
- Lead the shipping coordinators to maintain the customer commitment, efficiency and quality levels in the shipping area.
- Ability to lead cross-functional or department meetings as necessary.
- Create and maintain processes and procedures using lean manufacturing and visual management tools
- Assist in company certifications (ISO, CTPAT, etc.)
- Assist with the creation, development, and implementation of company processes and procedures.
- Understand workplace hazards and take steps to proactively prevent and report hazards or injuries in the workplace. Cooperate in Safety Programs, initiatives, and investigations.
- Demonstrate our five core values of Integrity, Customer Responsiveness, Innovation, Passionate Contribution & Empowerment, and Continuous Improvement.
- Must be physically agile. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to stand, stoop, kneel, bend, twist, reach above shoulder level and below knee level, push, pull, lift, walk, and make coordinated movements of the fingers for using a keyboard
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Combination of general office, machine shop, and warehouse environment (no air-conditioning)
- May require regular ground travel to other company facilities within local metropolitan area
- Long-distance or air travel as needed ? not to exceed 15% travel
What skills and experiences are needed?
- Bachelordegree in manufacturing engineering, industrial, or closely related technical degree
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in the logistics and industrial engineer or material flow fields, or combination of relevant education and experience
- Minimum of 3 years?experience leading teams in a warehouse or shipping environment
- Working knowledge of ISO 9001 and 14000 requirements.
- Proven ability to write technical documents such as quality system documents and standard operating procedures
- Proven ability and desire to solve problems utilizing common problem solving methodologies/tools such as 5 Why, Fishbone diagrams, is/is not tables, Pareto-charts, control charts, etc.
- Ability to communicate effectively (verbally and written)
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to lead cross-functional projects
- Proven ability to present facts and recommendations effectively in oral and written form
- Proven ability to work independently, as a member of a team, and as a team leader
- Proven ability to make sound decisions within established guidelines
- Must have the ability to make recommendations to effectively resolve problems or issues, by using judgment that is consistent with standards, practices, policies, procedures, regulation or government law
- Ability to demonstrate flexible and efficient time management and to appropriately prioritize workload based upon organization or department needs
- Proficient in the use of personal computers, internet and Microsoft Office suite of software including Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook (or related e-mail system)
- Proven ability to query and manipulate data using MS Excel, MS Access, and/or other programs and transform the data into information
- Be detail-oriented and have excellent follow-through skills
- Experience with SAP
- Experience making negotiations with carriers.
- Experience leading PFEP (Plan for Every Part) implementation.