The Boeing Company is seeking a talented and motivated Logistics Manager - Warehousing & Inventory to join the dynamic team in Mesa, Arizona. This position will have the ability to influence and impact over $500M in yearly spend. The Logistics Manager will lead a team of highly skilled professionals working domestic and international projects in both the commercial and government sectors. Expertise in logistics, warehousing, and inventory operations is essential to successful performance. Interested individuals should be goal-focused and team oriented as well as display superb leadership skills that inspire top-tier performance and daily innovative improvements. Successful candidates will enjoy making a difference, look for positive outcomes, and have fun. Join the Boeing Company and be challenged.
The ideal candidate will have the following responsibilities:
• Manage and integrate employee activities across more than one area in materials management and transportation.
• Design routes, methods, process, and procedures that deliver superb results at the lowest landed cost.
• Develop and execute project and process plans, implement policies and procedures and set operational goals;
• Acquire resource for projects and processes, provide technical management of suppliers and lead process improvements;
• Develop and maintain relationships and partnerships with customers, stakeholders, peers, partners and direct reports;
• Provide oversight and approval of technical approaches, products and processes;
• Manage, develop and motivate employees and teams;
• Develop and execute integrated organizational strategies and plans;
• Establish performance metrics and monitors critical supply chain service providers with the appropriate detail and frequency to determine trends and financial deterioration well in advance of actual performance impact or default;
• Establishes and maintains enterprise-wide early-warning systems to highlight risk exposure, minimize financial impacts, and prevent production line interruptions;
• Identify and employ innovative and cost-effective technologies and management processes to achieve better service and business results;
• Influence the decisions made on best inventory policies and warehouse strategies on behalf of Boeing and subsidiaries;
• Identify logistics and ordering strategies to reduce overall inventory levels;
• Establish and monitor effective inventory management process & procedures
• Drive a service culture mindset within Supply Chain Logistics to enable business partners and employees to achieve performance excellence at a competitive cost.
• Manages 3PLs in the performance of their statement of work; tracks performance metrics, leads business reviews, and establishes corrective actions as needed.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Supply Chain and Ops
Relocation Assistance Available
Yes. Available for eligible candidates, if authorized.
Typical Education/Experience:Bachelor's Degree or higher and typically 10 or more years' related work experience.
• This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
• Bachelor's degree or higher
• 3+ years of management or experience leading teams
• Experience with logistics management
• 5+ years of experience working in Supply Chain, Logistics or Material Management Services (MMS)
• 5+ years of experience with U.S. export control regulations