Oversee all phases of transportation management to ensure inbound and outbound logistics are handled in the most efficient, timely and cost effective manner. Provide support to and collaborate with the Distribution Center Leadership team to drive the retailexperience. Maintain oversight of 3rd Party Logistics (3PL) providers to ensure the highest level of service. Interact with vendors and retail partners to define solutions to meet all service requirements.
Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Manage a daily dispatch planning activities to ensure transportation activities are executed in optimal patterns.
- Partner with internal stakeholders to develop models for continuous improvement and optimization.
- Develop and/or maintain action plans for specific deliverables to drive improvements on cost and service quality.
- Support the logistics network to ensure products are loaded, picked-up and/or delivered in optimal condition as required and actively communicate potential risks.
- Analyze and identify opportunities for process improvement resulting in cost or time saved. Monitor and evaluate transportation operation results to provide information to other key decision-makers to ensure follow through on sub-standard operations.
- Partner with 3PL provide to execute dispatch daily and provide feedback on opportunities for improvement.
- Manage 3rd party vendors, review equipment usage and leases, and monitor costs associated with operations.
- Accountable for profit and loss results on all transportation expenses.
- Manage backhaul activity and assist in developing and managing profitability.
- Ensure cold chain compliance and monitoring during all portions of transport operations.
- Evaluate equipment needs, staffing requirements and delivery schedules to develop opportunities to size fleet to optimal levels.
- Manage periphery transportation related activities including loading, dunnage sweeps and inbound pallet recovery.
- Interact with corporate and independent retail stores and vendors relating to transportation factors impacting customer service.
- Govern division compliance with all areas related to transportation including state and federal regulatory agency compliance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Relevant Experience, Education, Certification, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s Degree or commensurate experience
- 5 years in transportation with experience in managing cold chain
- Knowledge of Transportation Management Systems (TMS) preferred
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to operate in a cross-functional environment
- General PC skills including Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to manage complexity
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Some travel may be required, depending on the assignment
- Most work is performed in a temperature controlled environment
- Incumbent may sit for long periods of time at a desk or computer terminal
- Incumbent may use calculators, keyboards, telephone and other office equipment in the course of a normal workday
- Stooping, bending, twisting and reaching may be required in completion of job duties
Requisition Number: 2467