A growing manufacturing company in Raleigh, NC is seeking an experienced Logistics Manager.
Oversee all activities pertaining to shipping and off-site warehouse operations. Coordinates directs and leads employees to exceed efficiency, quality, and safety goals in a fast-paced environment. This position is focused on creating simpler, cost-effective, and dependable customer service through our shipping department.
Coordinate the shipping of all outbound products produced or purchased for Our manufacturing facility and its outside vendors and outsourcing partners.
- Organize domestic and international shipments to customers, from Our manufacturing facility or vendor site. Work with vendors on timing and coordination of shipments directly to the customer site or to Our manufacturing facility.
- Leads team who confirms and records the receipt of shipments prepares items for shipping, and loads and unloads trucks. Also responsible for managing the inter-departmental transport of materials.
- Develop, monitor, and manage metrics/KPI's to ensure delivery, cost, and quality goals are exceeded.
- Coordinate dock traffic ensures that all trucks must sign in and out of the facility
- Prepare all shipping documents in a timely and accurate manner. Responsible for coordination for inter-business project communications through project directors and end-user.
- Hands-on supervisor that assists in shipping, unloading, and loading trucks, ordering checking in shipping-related consumable materials.
- Prepare shipment quotes to be included in proposals in a timely manner
- Negotiate tariffs and quotes with freight companies through the procurement team.
- Oversee preparation of material/parts for shipments.
- Work with customers to resolve issues with shipments.
- Lead and supervise a team of shipping personnel. Conduct performance reviews, foster professional development, maintain a productive and professional work environment. Assist with interviewing and hiring decisions.
- Complete tasks and operate equipment in a safe manner.
Job Specifications: (Desired education and experience)
- Associates Degree, or equivalent work experience
- 5 years experience in shipping & receiving
- Understanding of entire Shipping & Receiving process – flow of product and actions from start to finish
- Knowledge of carriers and freight companies, both local and international
- Microsoft Office
- Pneumatic & Hand Tools
- Industry knowledge
- Leadership experience critical
- Commitment, inspiration, and motivation of the environment, instruction of employees to achieve positive results
- Significant involvement in the nurturing and fostering of a productive work
- Resource planning (time, costs, human resources), activity planning, project organization (tasks, responsibilities, authority).
- Reliability in regard of dates, achievement of objectives, assign priorities ability to work under pressure, ability to multi-manager many things at one time
- Proposal of alternative solutions, new ideas, and suggestions for improvement
- Openness and drive for change and continuous improvement, Positive handling of change, flexibility, winning others for change processes
- Support and fostering of teamwork, integrative abilities, preparedness to adjust, helpfulness, offering of personal support