11 - 15 years experience • Consumer Goods / Miscellaneous
This position is responsible for driving proactive solutions to our four faculties nationally to keep us ahead of an ever-changing logistics world. Providing direct oversight of daily processes and long term planning for small parcel, LTL and our own truck delivery. Current Annual small parcel and LTL spend of $4.5M
- Daily review and audit of 3PL files of all inbound and outbound freight to ensure that customer / plant Management expectations are being met
- Review and approve Small Parcel bills for discounts and high accessorial costs
- Assume responsibility for shipment invoicing and billing systems to ensure that we are controlling losses to ultimately develop into a profit center.
- Develop strong relationships at each facility with local shipping supervisors and to share best practices.
- Carrier negotiations along with 3PL partner
- Monthly auditing of all billing exceptions and systems to ensure accuracy
- Develop and lead quarterly logistics meeting to show progress and to recommend next steps
- Develop and manage cost savings
- ERP implementation for entire logistics platform – next 18-24months
- TMSutilization short term before ERP and long term integration with ERP
- 3PL selection and relationship management – ultimately develop internal TMS shopping software
- Internal systems development with IT and Accounting for Small parcel vs. LTL selection
- Damage reduction through packaging standards as well as cost savings projects on packing materials
BA/BS degree with strong project management skills
Minimum of ten years experience in LTL & Small parcel
Minimum of five years in operations level positions
Some travel quarterly / monthly to visit each site and drive projects
ERP implementation a plus (currently using Microsoft AX)
Strong Excel user, with Access and Pivot Table ability desirable.
- Sense of urgency and immediate impact – takes action in a fast paced environment completing tasks on-time / high quality.
- Time management and personal organization – utilizes time and resources effectively and efficiently.
- Personal development and learning agility – comfortable with complexity and ambiguity, self-aware, resilient and coachable.
- Balance strategic and tactical – develop strategic plans and executes at a tactical level