The Logistics Manager will develop, implement, own, and sustain the transportation strategy for the Adjustable Bed Unit. Evaluating, recommending, and managing new and existing vendors for the business units, while ensuring overall cost and service objectives are met.
- BS or BA in Logistics, Purchasing, or Supply Chain Management
- 5+ years of operational experience in Procurement / Logistics / Supply Chain / Transportation.
- Highly proficient analytical and technical skills in MS Office Suite (especially Excel).
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal & written) required.
- Proven track record interfacing and presenting to customers is a must.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Strong negotiation skills
- Work independently between internal functional groups and external partners.
- Have a strong knowledge of international and domestic transportation, as well as customs compliance.
- Candidate should understand the principles of supply chain management and the movement of goods, door-to-door and port-to-port
- Understanding of the US truck market and the ocean freight market and translate market intelligence in to an effective sourcing strategy.
- Understanding of cost components for freight movement via multiple mode options (Ocean, Air, FTL, LTL & Parcel).
- Analyze current shipping lanes within the business unit to optimize freight lanes for both inbound and outbound shipments.
- Conduct analyses of market conditions and trends and use this information to predict pricing and availability.
- Quickly and effectively research potential vendors and compare their prices and services in support of various business requirements.
- Able to discuss and agree to the contract terms with suppliers. Ensure the correct terms of business references are used on orders. Should have clear understanding of Incoterms, freight terms, etc.
- Analyse the effect that sourcing and supply decisions have on total business costs (internal and the supply chain).
- Ability to evaluate different supply route options e.g. from single part to build package to determine optimum cost route using appropriate evaluation tools.
- Can effectively negotiate in all situations – with internal customers and suppliers, creating win/win situations.
- Provide projections to key suppliers to ensure capacity availability.
- Receive data from various sources, and build KPI’s and metrics for reporting to senior management.
- Be the organization’s subject matter expert for international, domestic, compliance, and be able to trouble shoot and solve problems as they arise.
- Support goals and budgetary objectives as established by business unit management.
- We offer a comprehensive benefits package. While benefits may vary by location, we typically include: medical, dental, vision, 401(k) and stock plans, tuition reimbursement, employee discounts and more.
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veteran/Disability Employer