Gain recognition as someone with strong communication skills and the ability to effectively work across the network, collaboratively, to deliver results according to plan and to make key strategic business decisions. The successful leader will have the chance to advance to other roles in the across Ecolab’s North America Supply Chain. Expect to advance to your next role as you must demonstrate that you are a natural leader, driven by initiative rather than crisis, and eager to identify, recommend and complete projects.
What You Will Do
- Ensures all reports are developed to fulfill expectations of their duties. Set objectives for cross-training employees. Leads safety program. Drives continuous improvement. Ensures key reports have a successor.
- Directs inventory control, warehousing, transportation, logistics planning, order processing and customer service. Ensures operational compliance with standards, policies and procedures. Fosters strategies, goals and plans to better serve customers.
- Establishes and maintains clear communication with contacts across business; fosters close relationships with key vendors/suppliers. Avoids and resolves service issues relating to logistics.
- Collaborates on network design/ KPI initiatives. Report site performance.
- Identifies and manages redesign, capital projects and vendor changes to improve safety, cost, service, quality, performance and/or compliance. Fosters TPM practices; champions concepts to reports.
- Meets or exceed measured standards, i.e. improves cost and service performance through Logistics activities that include aspects of inventory control/days on hand (DOH)/forecasting/deployment, service levels, warehousing, warehouse space, transportation, logistics planning, order processing, and delivery execution and exception management.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 7 years of experience in logistics, transportation and/or warehousing environments
- Minimum 2 years of supervisory experience
- No immigration sponsorship available for this position
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Logistics, Engineering, or Transportation
- MBA or Advanced Technical degree
- Previous experience a high-SKU (500 – 1000 SKU) logistics network
- Previous experience using a formal ERP Warehouse Management Systems, preferably SAP
- Experience in managing 3rd Party Logistics Providers, including an understanding of cost models
- Experience in TPM, Lean, and/or 5S
- Demonstrated leadership, communication, tactical and strategic thinking skills